• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Vitamin C supplements

Isabellajones

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Now that the vet has told me not to feed veggies to Shaun ever again, I’m concerned about his Vit C intake.

Does anyone know a good treat that has vic c in? I don’t want to use paste or anything like that because of his delicate stomach.

Thanks!

Thanks guys!
Hi

I agree that the Oxbow supplement would be best available long term supplement for you.
Probiotics Live Gut Microbiome Transfer ('Poo Soup'); Recovery Formula Foods And Vitamin C: Overview With Product Links and Transfer Recipe

Pellets are usually supplemented with vitamin C as well (and unlike with a dry mix, a piggy cannot go choose the sugary/sweet bits over the healthy bits). There is a little vitamin C in hay but not a lot; it is more the quantity and the quality of hay that will add up to another smaller but somewhat variable amount. Fresh growing grass is highest in vitamin C but that is sadly no longer an option for you.

He can have peppers every other day without any soft poops. It’s just something we have to live with.

Back