Weird patch on ozzy

Rivervixen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you! Bruno has had a testosterone fuelled day so I was scared he had bitten him, will buy some coconut oil and bathe him ASAP

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yes I agree that's a mildy grubby grease gland! We use a bit of olive oil too to loosen the gunk, then wash it off with Gorgeous Guineas shampoo and a good rinse off in the bum bath bucket :)

Rivervixen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone , we were able to loosen a bit of the gunk with coconut oil (the oil was solid? So bad to break off bits and rub it in?) and gave him a bum bath with water, is it ok if it’s still a little greasy? Couldn’t do much else at this time because he was overreacting a lot and I was scared to make it sore from trying to get off the rest

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hi everyone , we were able to loosen a bit of the gunk with coconut oil (the oil was solid? So bad to break off bits and rub it in?) and gave him a bum bath with water, is it ok if it’s still a little greasy? Couldn’t do much else at this time because he was overreacting a lot and I was scared to make it sore from trying to get off the rest
That’s fine, there is no point in stressing him out. If you’ve managed to get it a bit cleaner than that’s good. You could always try again in a few days/a weeks time.

Rivervixen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That’s fine, there is no point in stressing him out. If you’ve managed to get it a bit cleaner than that’s good. You could always try again in a few days/a weeks time.
his eyes were popping out more than I’d ever seen, could tell when he had truly had enough, if it isn’t looking great in a weeks time we’ll have another go. Thanks for the help x

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
another question (sorry!) do they sulk after bum baths? He hasn’t come out since :(
Yes they definitely sulk! Bum baths are like nail trims and vet trips, expect to get the "betrayed accusing pig eye" look and him to hide from you for a while! Bum baths and grease gland cleans get easier and less traumatic for you both with practice, but no pig likes you messing with their bottom! :)

Rivervixen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes they definitely sulk! Bum baths are like nail trims and vet trips, expect to get the "betrayed accusing pig eye" look and him to hide from you for a while! Bum baths and grease gland cleans get easier and less traumatic for you both with practice, but no pig likes you messing with their bottom! :)
Had the look of betrayal all day! Now that I’m in bed with lights off I hear him in the hay. Least his bum is cleaner :)