• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Weird patch on ozzy

Thank you! Bruno has had a testosterone fuelled day so I was scared he had bitten him, will buy some coconut oil and bathe him ASAP

Yes I agree that's a mildy grubby grease gland! We use a bit of olive oil too to loosen the gunk, then wash it off with Gorgeous Guineas shampoo and a good rinse off in the bum bath bucket :)

Hi everyone , we were able to loosen a bit of the gunk with coconut oil (the oil was solid? So bad to break off bits and rub it in?) and gave him a bum bath with water, is it ok if it’s still a little greasy? Couldn’t do much else at this time because he was overreacting a lot and I was scared to make it sore from trying to get off the rest

Hi everyone , we were able to loosen a bit of the gunk with coconut oil (the oil was solid? So bad to break off bits and rub it in?) and gave him a bum bath with water, is it ok if it’s still a little greasy? Couldn’t do much else at this time because he was overreacting a lot and I was scared to make it sore from trying to get off the rest

That’s fine, there is no point in stressing him out. If you’ve managed to get it a bit cleaner than that’s good. You could always try again in a few days/a weeks time.

That’s fine, there is no point in stressing him out. If you’ve managed to get it a bit cleaner than that’s good. You could always try again in a few days/a weeks time.

his eyes were popping out more than I’d ever seen, could tell when he had truly had enough, if it isn’t looking great in a weeks time we’ll have another go. Thanks for the help x

another question (sorry!) do they sulk after bum baths? He hasn’t come out since :(
Yes they definitely sulk! Bum baths are like nail trims and vet trips, expect to get the "betrayed accusing pig eye" look and him to hide from you for a while! Bum baths and grease gland cleans get easier and less traumatic for you both with practice, but no pig likes you messing with their bottom! :)

Yes they definitely sulk! Bum baths are like nail trims and vet trips, expect to get the "betrayed accusing pig eye" look and him to hide from you for a while! Bum baths and grease gland cleans get easier and less traumatic for you both with practice, but no pig likes you messing with their bottom! :)

Had the look of betrayal all day! Now that I’m in bed with lights off I hear him in the hay. Least his bum is cleaner :)

Back