• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Well Trained Hooman

I'm not sleeping upright any more @Pigwhisperer and my back only aches occasionally now when I have been bending and twisting too much like when cleaning out the hutch. I have been able to clean it out on my own for a fortnight now without help from my son.:)
That's good, a cough is the last thing you want with a bad back. Hope the lurgy clears up soon. Lemon & honey is what the doctor recommended last time I had it.

Oh my piggies do it all the time.

Sometimes Zip will poop, and Pearl dashes over looking so happy and eager, and stuffs the poo in her mouth. Zip will then look at Pearl, shocked that her friend would steal her poop (that she was saving for later).
Oh now that is too much. Eating your own eaty-poops is fine but stealing someone else's?

Oh my piggies do it all the time.

Sometimes Zip will poop, and Pearl dashes over looking so happy and eager, and stuffs the poo in her mouth. Zip will then look at Pearl, shocked that her friend would steal her poop (that she was saving for later).

I have seen this sometimes when a new, particularly young piggy is introduced into my herd. The newest piggy will eat the poops of the others which I assumed helps build up the group immune system by sharing the gut flora?

I have seen this sometimes when a new, particularly young piggy is introduced into my herd. The newest piggy will eat the poops of the others which I assumed helps build up the group immune system by sharing the gut flora?
Not thought of that @BertisKing sounds feasible though!

So gross Hahah I never seen mine do this either i wish I never found this out. Lol and I kiss them! On the head lol

I just realized something! So when they bend down and it looks like there curling into a ball... that's when they're eating them? My piggies do it all the time and I am just finding out why they do it. I thought they were just cleaning themselves. :eek::eek::eek:
Yep that's exactly it!

Back