• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Were They...chirping?!

To chirp or not to chirp?

• Are you mad?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCavySlave

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
SOOOOOO. Few minutes ago, my mum and I heard this weird, weird noise. It was really quite loud, like a CHEE-CHEE-CHEE-CHEE-CHEE. And I thought, is it someone playing silly beggars, or a weird bird outside practising karaoke? So I got up, and when I went near the piggy room it sounded louder, but stopped. And Duncan had his feet up on the loft correx, looking pensively and Godfrey was below, in front of his ball. Really, really, odd. And a minute later I had to see them, and they hadn't moved? I gave them a cuddle and they had a scratch and a yawn. Just now they'd swapped places.
Now, my idea of them chirping was met with "I don't think it was them..." But you'll all hopefully confirm my sanity! Am I being ridiculous, or are the piggies practising for a duet?

aww me thinks u have a chirper :nod:

I caught my dopple chirping back along
-its really odd as she was being cuddled at the time!

Just Caught Dopple Chirping :)

Its fascinating seeing/hearing them do it isn't it-slightly eerie yet comforting all at the same time.
My two others just sort of tranced &zoned out a lIttle but didnt seem concerned by it.

Its cute even though nobody seems to know why they do it.

Congratulations on your chirper :D
Xx

WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK! They did seem oddly relaxed, isn't it weird? Like, one or both chirps for a bit and they go all calm. Why can't humans do that? Yoga studios would be fantastic!
"And breathe in...and CHEE CHEE CHEE CHEE..."
Did you hear more chirps? I hope they do it again for us, little birdies.
Wait...who was it?:yikes::hmm:

I think it went on for about 2.5 minutes. It was only Dopple that did it &I have only had one other piggy do it in all the years I've had them.
The first one of mine I heard do it was introduced to a new pad mate after she'd been bereaved& on her own for about 2wks. They got on so well so I think its a happy sound :wub:

Hey wow, heard it again! It's been late both times, close to midnight. I recorded it for my sister to hear, mainly static but you can faintly hear them chirping! You hear one noise, then it stops, then a different chirp! I didn't want to go too close in case I spooked them, but I feel lucky just to have heard such a beautiful sound, AND caught it on video!

I once heard my past piggie Toffee chirping. I thought a bird had got into our house! :lol!: It was very random, I was in the kitchen, probably making something to eat, when I heard him. My first thought was a bird, but then I remembered something about guinea pigs chirping, so I went over and saw it was Toffee. He seemed very calm and relaxed. It was about a year ago, a shame I never got it on camera.

I have one of my girls chirp! She's woken me up before and I thought it was a bird outside! Sounds like you've got one too :)

My Charlie has chirped a couple of times, usually in the dead of night- the other pigs just seemed to listen, not bothered one way or the other by the sound.
It was a little eerie for me to wake up to though...

I remember my first Guinea pig once chirped one night when I had been struggling to get to sleep, I kept tossing and turning and I was getting really annoyed at myself for not being able to sleep as I had a 6am start, his cage was at the end of my bed and he was sat on the top of his hidey and began chirping, I thought it was so lovely. I felt like he was trying to sing me to sleep. I loved that pig so so much :luv:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back