• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What Color Is This? Never Seen This Color Pig Before

Status
Not open for further replies.

WafflesCupcakes

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hello! I usually don't care much about knowing the exact colour of my pets but I just bought a male baby (I was told he was an aby?) guinea pig and he has red eyes, rosettes fur and grey/brown and red fur.
I was wondering what his color was called. I was thinking tortie, but I have a tortie cat and she is black and reddish with a little white and not grey.

Also, this pigs brother is all grey with red eyes.

IMG_0336.JPG

Looks like a Dark Lilac Aby I think

Welcome to the forum. Does he have a friend to live with?

Looks like a Dark Lilac Aby I think

Welcome to the forum. Does he have a friend to live with?

Gonna agree with "Running Bill", looks like a lilac and red aby.

hello! I usually don't care much about knowing the exact colour of my pets but I just bought a male baby (I was told he was an aby?) guinea pig and he has red eyes, rosettes fur and grey/brown and red fur.
I was wondering what his color was called. I was thinking tortie, but I have a tortie cat and she is black and reddish with a little white and not grey.

Also, this pigs brother is all grey with red eyes.

View attachment 55388

He is a gorgeous boy! My Bedo has the same colouring. It is golden and dark lilac.
You can find it in our colour guide at the top of the What Breed Is My Guinea Pig section where Bedo is doing the modelling for that shade: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...-coat-colours-agouti-shadings-roaning.121413/

Thanks! I thought he was unique too. And yup, he's got six other friends to live with in a giant custom build house with an outside run.

you are lucky to have such a unique piggy!
I'm not sure exactly what those colors are, but mine has weird colors too. He has one pink ear and one brown ear lol!

He sounds cute @happypig! I love different colored eyes, ears and feet on any animal! I have a pet duck with one black leg and the other is half orange!

Oh my goodness that's the colour of one of my boys! I've never seen another one that colour! I'm so excited right now :D

This is my Bedo. His name is Welsh and is an old endearment to Meredith; the meaning is "Little Splendid Lord" which I think describes him perfectly!
He and his mate (who he'd obviously fallen out with) were found dumped in a cardboard box on a cold October morning in public park land in Cannock Chase three years ago. He's been neutered in rescue and has been happily living with his four wives (Triplets Mererid, Myfina and Morwenna and chocolate coloured orphan Angharad) here since his adoption.
DSCN3400_edited-1.jpg DSCN3408_edited-1.jpg

@Wiebke what a story! It's awful how people just dump animals. All the pigs in your picture are gorgeous.

@helloitsbecca cute name! Mine doesn't really have a name yet, I brought him home about 2 hours ago, but I think he looks like a Joey ;)

@Wiebke what a story! It's awful how people just dump animals. All the pigs in your picture are gorgeous.

@helloitsbecca cute name! Mine doesn't really have a name yet, I brought him home about 2 hours ago, but I think he looks like a Joey ;)

If I am not sure or feel that the chosen name just doesn't fit, I just use any options for a week and see what sticks at the end of it. A couple of piggies have ended up with a different name to what they started out with that way.

@Wiebke (don't know how to quote! Sorry!) I defiantly do that all the time haha. I only give myself a week though, because it's confusing!

This is my Bedo. His name is Welsh and is an old endearment to Meredith; the meaning is "Little Splendid Lord" which I think describes him perfectly!
He and his mate (who he'd obviously fallen out with) were found dumped in a cardboard box on a cold October morning in public park land in Cannock Chase three years ago. He's been neutered in rescue and has been happily living with his four wives (Triplets Mererid, Myfina and Morwenna and chocolate coloured orphan Angharad) here since his adoption.
View attachment 55401 View attachment 55399

Sorry everytime I see Bedo mentioned I can't help but think of the minions
510adf3a32b47458f3453db14eb8e611.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back