• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What pellet/mix food do you feed - Poll - because I'm nosy.

Which do you feed?

• Burgess Excel Nuggets (any varities)

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Wagg Optimum pellets

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Pets at Home (own brand)

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Oxbow Cavy Cuisine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Science Selective Guinea pig nuggets

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Pet shop own brand

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Whatever is cheapest at the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • I dont feed pellets i feed a mix

Votes: 9 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mix all three of them together? My boys have started to leave bits of the muesli so maybe I will try them on some pellets.

No i mix the 2 type of pellets together and have a separate bowl of wagg crunch.

My three have a handful of Science Selective between them daily. Their diet is mainly made up of different hays (Meadow, INGS, American Timothy, English Timothy) and fresh/dried herbs and occasional veg.

Ours were originally on Gerty Guinea Pig muesli, until I found out how bad it was. Then switched to pellets (Pets at Home), but for some reason gave Choccy UTIs, so switched again to Excel (the green bag, I forget the name). They're currently eating the Excel Blackcurrant and Oregano pellets with a small handful of Science Selective mixed in (as I got this free recently). The Science Selective seems to be preferred over the Excel (as there's always none of this left but Excel is left behind), so I will probably buy some more of this when the packet runs out!

And of course they get the usual hay, cucumbers, carrot and other veggies (depending on what's available at home!)

It's very interesting to see what food/pellets others are fed! I always wondered if people rotated foods, as it must get boring eating the same stuff everyday for the piggies... Maybe?

Wagg Optimum. They love it so much that I use it like a treat, even though they get a bowlful everyday. They will stand on their hind legs and butt each other out of the way to get a pellet! Even I think it smells tasty. I never even realised until I couldn't get Wagg so had to make do with Burgess; the Burgess smells awful in comparison and my pigs clearly thought so, too. They did eat it ... reluctantly, but wouldn't take it from my hand like they do with Wagg.

My boys are currently on Burgess Excel but am I desperately wanting to change them over to Kleenmama's Timothy Choice pellets; I will hopefully be able to get them shipped over but I'm dreading to think of shipping costs, will probably cost an arm and a leg no doubt but my pigs are worth it :))

I use a hay and nugget mix with plenty of fresh veggie for them. They go mad fot broccoli (all in proportion of course!);)

Mine have excel. If I am close enough to get some, a rescue here in devon do their own mix called blueberry mix 2 which my piggies love and its a grassy mix.
I have however just got a sample bag of the science selective nuggets and tried a few on them today... nom nom they were done like a flash! drool

Mine have a bowl of science select and a bowl of wagg crunch.

I actually ordered asda own guinea pig food but they didnt have any so i ended up getting the wagg as a substitution, the science i got as a free sample bag.

they love the wagg crunch it seems and i've seen both of them eating the lot - no selective feeding here.

i'm guessing if they're eating all of the crunch they can stay on it rather than the pellets?

I'm happy to give them a bit of both if i need to, thats not a problem.

my weird guys wouldnt eat any pellets that I tried so after months of trying to convert them off muesli, I gave in and put them back on muesli which they eat all of it up.

Mine are on Waggs guinea brunch. I always get empty bowls. They also get plenty of fresh fruit and veg and loads of hay. If any bunch gets knocked out of the hutch whilst the rabbit is out playing, she pounces on it! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back