• Winter is here! Make sure you piggies are safe by taking action now, for more information on cold weather protection - Click Here
  • Potential Forum Meet - Manchester Saturday March 2nd Details here!.
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.
  • As from Wednesday, 30th January, Cat and Rabbit Care Clinic will be relocating to 1 The Drive, Northampton, NN1 4RY

What's the funniest things your piggies have done?

baleofhay

Junior Guinea Pig
A couple of mine would be the time Amber squeaked so loud at the vet, that the receptionist came running in thinking it was the fire alarm. (she was just having her nails clipped, and no we didn't draw blood). Or the time I had Sparrow (rip) on my lap facing away from me. He did a big wee and when I exclaimed "Sparrow!" his head turned around like an owl's with the goofiest cheeky grin on his face. Or when Sparrow also once led his wives, Widget and Zora in circles to go through a tunnel again and again.

Guinea pigs are just natural comedians, I keep thinking up moments from past and present pigs that make me laugh.

Reenie

Forum Donator 2017/18
I love threads like this! I've told this story before, but it's worth a repeat in a thread like this.
My Little Dude was resting in his hammock, head down, enjoying the quiet. Chicco - who always likes a good rumblestrut or basically any other attempt at dominance over his cage mates - so over he sauntered to Little Dude and tried to engage him in a chin off. Without lifting his head, Little Dude opened his mouth and yawned right in Chicco's face. Not one of those aggressive yawns, and I felt he was saying 'yeah, yeah Chicco man, we know you're tough, now p*** off and let me sleep'. It was so funny, more so because it displayed both their personalities to a tee.

cavylover2002

Junior Guinea Pig
One time, I saw Buttercup waking up from a nap in his igloo and then, he stopped in the opening of his igloo before walking out and stretched his back legs and yawned like dogs or cats do...I've literally never seen a guinea pig do that! it looked like he was doing yoga

Elthysia

Junior Guinea Pig
One of my pigs once jumped out of her C&C cage in her excitement about dinner.

According to the internet this isn’t possible...

well, I came home from work and she was in the cage, I go to the kitchen, open fridge etc, lots of wheeking and running around, I come in with the food and she’s sitting next to the cage absolutely terrified like she got more than she’d bargained for...

No idea how she did it but she always used to sit on top of things anyway. She used to sit on top of the pigloo for example... she was weird (but ever so sweet)

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
One of my pigs once jumped out of her C&C cage in her excitement about dinner.

According to the internet this isn’t possible...

well, I came home from work and she was in the cage, I go to the kitchen, open fridge etc, lots of wheeking and running around, I come in with the food and she’s sitting next to the cage absolutely terrified like she got more than she’d bargained for...

No idea how she did it but she always used to sit on top of things anyway. She used to sit on top of the pigloo for example... she was weird (but ever so sweet)
Younger piggies can jump HIGH!