• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What's the funniest things your piggies have done?

baleofhay

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A couple of mine would be the time Amber squeaked so loud at the vet, that the receptionist came running in thinking it was the fire alarm. (she was just having her nails clipped, and no we didn't draw blood). Or the time I had Sparrow (rip) on my lap facing away from me. He did a big wee and when I exclaimed "Sparrow!" his head turned around like an owl's with the goofiest cheeky grin on his face. Or when Sparrow also once led his wives, Widget and Zora in circles to go through a tunnel again and again.

Guinea pigs are just natural comedians, I keep thinking up moments from past and present pigs that make me laugh.

I love threads like this! I've told this story before, but it's worth a repeat in a thread like this.
My Little Dude was resting in his hammock, head down, enjoying the quiet. Chicco - who always likes a good rumblestrut or basically any other attempt at dominance over his cage mates - so over he sauntered to Little Dude and tried to engage him in a chin off. Without lifting his head, Little Dude opened his mouth and yawned right in Chicco's face. Not one of those aggressive yawns, and I felt he was saying 'yeah, yeah Chicco man, we know you're tough, now p*** off and let me sleep'. It was so funny, more so because it displayed both their personalities to a tee.

One time, I saw Buttercup waking up from a nap in his igloo and then, he stopped in the opening of his igloo before walking out and stretched his back legs and yawned like dogs or cats do...I've literally never seen a guinea pig do that! it looked like he was doing yoga

One of my pigs once jumped out of her C&C cage in her excitement about dinner.

According to the internet this isn’t possible...

well, I came home from work and she was in the cage, I go to the kitchen, open fridge etc, lots of wheeking and running around, I come in with the food and she’s sitting next to the cage absolutely terrified like she got more than she’d bargained for...

No idea how she did it but she always used to sit on top of things anyway. She used to sit on top of the pigloo for example... she was weird (but ever so sweet)

well, I came home from work and she was in the cage, I go to the kitchen, open fridge etc, lots of wheeking and running around, I come in with the food and she’s sitting next to the cage absolutely terrified like she got more than she’d bargained for...

No idea how she did it but she always used to sit on top of things anyway. She used to sit on top of the pigloo for example... she was weird (but ever so sweet)
Younger piggies can jump HIGH!

It can be done....and here's the proof. Not one of mine, just remembered seeing it on YouTube

We still giggle about the time one of our visitors thought Ruby was dead.
Ruby - Traumatising Small Children Since 2016

Sometimes I wonder if the forum doesn't need a section for "Oh, Ruby" stories.

I've told this story before, but, my old pig Jake, who was on his own at the time, came with my to my parents house one Christmas. Now they had a dog at the time that couldn't be allowed near any guinea pigs - she wasn't malicious, but she would've had them anyway. So we sneak Jake and his cage into the house, dog doesn't even click on, all's good. Right?
Christmas morning, picture the scene. I woke up about 4am and put my earphones in to listen to some music so I didn't disturb the rest of the house. Now, Jake was very particular about his mealtimes. If you were a half second late, he'd wake up the street in protest. My flat also shared a living room wall with a house with 3 rottweilers. Jake was used to dog noise. He'd never met a dog, but the noise didn't bother him.
This was important, because I didn't realise what time it was and Jake did his usual scream the house down. And then the dog, who had no idea he was even in the house til this point, went ballistic, because there was an intruder in the house and everyone needed warned. Jake then promptly started getting louder because he wasn't going to let some pesky dog drown his protests out.
Did I mention this all went down about 7am? :))

The entire time we stayed there that holiday period, I'd walk out into the landing and shut the door behind me to find the dog sitting on the landing staring confusedly at the door. "Human thing, what ARE you hiding in that room?"

My Finn puts both his paws in his food dish and meditates for some time then dozes off. He also drops his baby carrot while running to his room with it in his mouth, then he comes out of his room looking for his baby carrot. He lives alone in his cage so no one will take his food but he always pretends to run away with his baby carrot. Lara does similar things by running away with food in her private cage.

Last edited:
A couple stories I have of my pigs:

My boy Gus gets really, really excited about meal time and always starts climbing out of his c&c cage to get to the food. He’s never actually gotten out, but my grandad thinks it’s just hilarious.

We have a doggy door to our side yard but have it blocked off to the rest of the yard since we don’t want our blind dog falling in the pool. When I keep my pigs outside in the summer, we rarely let the dogs out of the side yard because my terriers would probably figure out a way in their own and kill them. Anyway, when we do let the dogs out with us to check on the pigs, Gus always tries to make friends with them by running up to them and trying to sniff their noses. He’s very friendly to all creatures and loves exploring. It’s so funny that he just loves everything!

One time, I saw Buttercup waking up from a nap in his igloo and then, he stopped in the opening of his igloo before walking out and stretched his back legs and yawned like dogs or cats do...I've literally never seen a guinea pig do that! it looked like he was doing yoga
hahaha my Connie does that in the morning. If I'm up too early she will then turn around and go back to sleep.

Mavis, who is a larger lady (1.3kg) once escaped during floor time and got in with our skinny pigs (who were just babies). When they enthusiastically ran over to meet her, Mavis ran straight into one of their baby skinny pig size tunnels and got stuck. Her head was out one end of the tunnel and her ample bottom was stuck out of the other, there was no way she was fitting through.
It is very undignified having to be cut out of a seagrass tunnel but I couldn't help laughing.

Back