• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

When You Don't Believe The Amber Snow Warning

DH is currently at Zurich airport waiting for his flight to London.
The first one was cancelled, and he isn't feeling optimistic about the second one either :no:
Trying to explain it to the kids was hilarious.
They didn't understand why Heathrow (which has less snow than Zurich) was having problems.
Don't they have snow ploughs in England Mum? :doh:

I think I might make dinner for four tonight just in case....

DH is currently at Zurich airport waiting for his flight to London.
The first one was cancelled, and he isn't feeling optimistic about the second one either :no:
Trying to explain it to the kids was hilarious.
They didn't understand why Heathrow (which has less snow than Zurich) was having problems.
Don't they have snow ploughs in England Mum? :doh:

I think I might make dinner for four tonight just in case....

Haha bless them. Tell them we don't have snow ploughs because we'd only need to use them once every 5-10 years! The cost of storing and maintaining isn't worth it lol.

Snow day off work for me today.

It gave me chance to spend a good hour out in the shed thoroughly cleaning and hay stocking the hutch. I also did a nail trim (they were not amused) and health check session before they were allowed their breakfast vegetable ration. They were all warm and stuffing themselves when I left them.

The sun has appeared now, and inspite of it being only -1 at 11:30 I decided to make the most of a glorious morning and headed off to try and get some decent photos for my younger brother who is enjoying a drought down in New Zealand.

Unfortunaly the battery for my propper camera wasn't charged so I had to make do with my phone.

IMG_20171211_110354336_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171211_110624101.jpg

IMG_20171211_110450336.jpg

Apparently I can get a Christmas tree delivered today in this weather, but delivering food is just too much :doh::lol!: I'm hoping the roads are clear around here soon, I'm almost out of veggies and down to my last 2 teabags!:yikes:

Apparently I can get a Christmas tree delivered today in this weather, but delivering food is just too much :doh::lol!: I'm hoping the roads are clear around here soon, I'm almost out of veggies and down to my last 2 teabags!:yikes:

Do you use Amazon? If none of the supermarkets will deliver they probably still will if you're really stuck.

I can’t get to work due to abandoned cars :doh: but I can get to the pub on my bike :))
I’ll drop off some tea bags enroute :D

Dreading tonight... -10 in my area. Made it to and from work ok, but with the slush on the road freezing it's going to be "fun" tomorrow... this is how I "parked" my car at work today :lose:

Anyone else paranoid about outdoor piggies?:soz: been in the shed 5x since I came from work!

IMG_20171211_075104.jpg

I'm sure they'll be fine. Just make sure there's lots of hay in the hutch(es) for them to snuggle into!

I'm sure they'll be fine. Just make sure there's lots of hay in the hutch(es) for them to snuggle into!
I know they will be, they just never experienced such cold weather. I don't think I am welcomed in there again so will just keep eye on the temperature in their shed at night :zzz:

I was fed up of being stuck indoors yesterday so, in the afternoon, decided to have a walk to the village shop for some milk.

Massive mistake! the pavements and roads were just pure ice. Cars were stuck outside the shop and everyone, and vehicles, were sliding all over the place.

-11 on the drive this morning. I had to scrape the inside of the windscreen as well as the outside. :(

The water bottles in the shed had frozen, but the pigs were nice and warm in hay filled boxes. They've had an extra portion of pellets with their breakfast and I've left their insulated drapes over the front of most of the hutch.

We're predicted to get rain on Wednesday so then we'll just have to battle through all the slush.

I was going to get the train this morning but my bus to the station didn't turn up so I had to brave it and drive. Was ok but everyone was taking it slowly apart from one idiot behind me on a roundabout. Is so icy everywhere though.

It's raining here now !, so hopefully the snow will go now ! And I can get to pet shop to get my Christmas shopping done because I haven't started yet !
Anyone else got rain ?

Not here it's been sunny here all day but cold! Supposed to rain overnight but not got it yet.

Back