• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Wild Mountain hay

Stephtoll

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello , so I picked up a mountain hay in pets at home yesterday , I didn’t even look at the packet until I got home late last night 🙀
It says it’s suitable for rabbits but doesn’t mention guinea pigs? Do you think it will be okay or shall I take it back ?
Thanks

Attachments

• 3D0A826B-4622-4BD3-BFFF-6A117ABC1447.jpeg
    3D0A826B-4622-4BD3-BFFF-6A117ABC1447.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 12
  • 8AAFBF63-E635-4E35-8C84-A83C5C38F24B.jpeg
    8AAFBF63-E635-4E35-8C84-A83C5C38F24B.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 13
It’s not quite clear enough to read what it contains.
Sometimes the hays which contain flowers and forage type ingredients are used as treat hays rather than the main part of the diet (which Timothy hay in particular or meadow hay is the best type to use) but I think it depends on the type as there are several varieties - some are probably more suitable for every day feeding than others

Says it’s a wide range of flowers , ryegrass , sativa, felty germander , never really heard of these they do also have other hay aswell at Timothy hay but I mainly use that in the litter trays

They have some of this too

Attachments

• A23DC369-931B-4AEA-AD03-010C2EA5A495.jpeg
    A23DC369-931B-4AEA-AD03-010C2EA5A495.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 12
hey everyone .does anyone know if mountain hay is good for an 8-month old guinea pig?

I've fed this before, no problems, but then I have only ever brought two bags of it, ages ago

thank you :love:
Try getting the alfalfa king Timothy hay, red bag in pets at home. It isn't alfalfa hay, it does catch some people out at first. But they do do an alfalfa hay, but it's more for young or pregnant guinea pigs.

This alfalfa king timothy lasts ages if fed along side another cheaper timothy hay, its ÂŁ9 a bag, but again, don't let that make you think it's expensive, it's so tightly packed. All of my past and present pigs Love it!. We call it the posh hay lol

thank you ! but unfortunately I can't get any of that.I live in Iran and i dont have many options.i cant even find timothy hay.my Ruby is almost 8 months and i've been feeding her alfalfa hay all this time .now that she is older she shouldnt be eating alfalfa...and I'm desperately searching for timothy hay throughout the country....I cant find any :(

hey everyone.i just brought home a little female guinea pig so that my other older guinea pig would not be alone.they bonded quickly and perfectly and after 2 days they are best friends.the problem is the older female "Ruby" follows the little one "Emma" around ALL the time and sniffs her butt ! she (the little one ) is almost never at peace ! what do i do ? is this ok?once she peed on her when she was smelling her butt!

hey everyone.i just brought home a little female guinea pig so that my other older guinea pig would not be alone.they bonded quickly and perfectly and after 2 days they are best friends.the problem is the older female "Ruby" follows the little one "Emma" around ALL the time and sniffs her butt ! she (the little one ) is almost never at peace ! what do i do ? is this ok?once she peed on her when she was smelling her butt!
Hi @saeedeh please open a new thread in the "behaviour" section to discuss this as this is someone else's thread about hay. But all this sounds like normal friendly piggy behaviour, the older girl is just showing her dominance and is interested in getting to know your younger piggy :)

Hi @saeedeh please open a new thread in the "behaviour" section to discuss this as this is someone else's thread about hay. But all this sounds like normal friendly piggy behaviour, the older girl is just showing her dominance and is interested in getting to know your younger piggy :)

Back