• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Wilkinsons Hay Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madd

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know I bought two bags of wilkinsons £1.50 hay as normal but when I got home found it was damp and very mouldy smelling. I took them back and changed it for their £2 bags as the £1.50 bags were all the same on the shelf. I told the member of staff who was going to check with their head office about withdrawing them but my mum says they are still on the shelf in the clacton store today grrrr!

Hi , l have had a lot of trouble with my thimathy , one bale was full of legumes (weeds)
another bale was little better than hay

Amazing that they can't get it right ! We don't have pah here just some small pet shops but my pigs don't like the hay from them. I know I can order online but I try to buy local to help x

I buy the timothy hay from there and never had any problems and my piggies love it but when went to buy the meadow hay from there a couple of months, both bags were damp and smelled horrible, and one even had a bit of coal in. Now put me off buying from there for meadow hay

:agr: - it's best to let them know. I have had bad batches of hay ( not from Wilkinsons I hasten to add) . I have always been given a replacement or refund when I have made the seller aware.

I let them know, never did get a refund as was unable to get back to store to return them, I am not sure if they have improved the hay since

I have been able to buy them from there again now and it must have been a bad batch as much better now x

I might try again at some point when do next order from there for shavings, as they currently have a 3kg bag to get through from B&M

I give Chock the wilco hay and have never had any issues with it iether from in the shop or online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back