Wondering how to travel with a GP

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Gosh, what an adventure. I’m sure she will be fine, especially if she has a playpen and a little hidey. I’d make sure the pen has a lid, you never know if dogs or cats are travelling on the same train though? Mine has a zipped lid which we didn’t use, but would have if we were in a public space.

Gpowner

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
when we moved to Victoria from Saskatoon she was with us in her carrier 16-hour drive but we stopped 2 nights in Canmore and 1 night in Hope and when we stopped for food someone would get her covered in a blanket then we would get the food and sometime we would stop at a supermarket for some fresh veggies :D in each hotel we would let her run in either the bathroom or kitchen (in hope they had a kitchen and a small bathroom) we call her our Travel Trooper :D <3

Tangle

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
See now you're making me jealous! I've been fortunate enough to visit Victoria Island once (and it was beautiful), and been to Canmore a couple of times - once in the summer and once in the winter (also beautiful). Now I want to go back!

Gpowner

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Haha I was born in Canmore so we decided to stay 2 nights instead of one

Tangle

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
did you go to the Bear Paw?
No (DH is coeliac so can't drink most beer anymore). The Scoopin Moose was good, though :drool:

We did see a grizzly mum with 2 cubs above Banff (so that was kind of like 12 bear paws!) and some Osprey's over a glacial lake :love:

Gpowner

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
when i was at the bear paw with my family we had some of the handcrafted:drool: sodas really good YUM

Gpowner

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
when I was living there at the bear paw there was an item on the menu called bear paw and me and my older brother always ordered it it was a fudge brownie in the shape of a bear paw with caramel and fudge drizzled on with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

eijaja402

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
is there any regulation to bring any pet into the aeroplane? As far as I concern the pet actually need to be in separate aircraft, then maybe need to plan early