• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

I think you vastly underestimate the size of my waist compared to the lower half of me lol.

Not really a rant but more something that terrified me! :yikes: I just had a horrible feeling in my lower back like a spider was crawling on it... I inmediately WHACKED my back trying to get whatever it was off or killed, but then just when I thought I'd won it started to tickle again. So I stood up and started doing the dance of the deranged hooligan/chicken, whacking my back, pulling my shirt down and around... Who knows what passers-by might have thought... well, I still have no idea what it was but I haven't seen anything fall out of my shirt yet... I'm in temporary shock. I'm so terrified of spiders even having one in a corner of the room makes me stiff, never mind one in my shirt!(Then again it could just be my brain being dumb again)
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

I catch little ones in my hair (which is kind of a fuzzy ponytail rather than a massive spider-net) but don't notice until they gently lower themselves down into my dinner of an evening. And no, I'm not a witch. I don't mind most of them but last week I was clearing a heap of rotten wood in the school garden and the sort of critters that come out of that are proper alarming!

When you are living with folk who don't know how to look after guinea pigs properly, but because they owned some in the past, they know everything...

"They don't need daily vegetables"
"Feeding them vegetables and greens daily will give them the runs, ours did fine without daily greens."
"A cup each a day? That is ridiculous. You are going to make them sick."
"They need sawdust bedding, they'll just eat the straw and have no cage bedding." (So far, straw is untouched, only hay gets eaten)
"Fleece bedding? They only do that for pictures to make them look nice. They'll just chew it all up."
"They don't need to be out every day"
"We gave our guinea pigs muesli mix and they were fine, none of this pellet ****"
"Ours did fine without constant hay"
"Are you sure that is enough food? (pellets) That seems far too little."
"You got them in the living room again?" (Regarding me brushing them whilst having to sit in the room to keep their parrots quiet)

They are my animals, not theirs anyways. :doh: Don't see why they feel the need to be backseat drivers so to speak. Can't wait til these flat keys arrive. At least my BF trusts me with my care regarding the pigs.

Not really a rant but more something that terrified me! :yikes: I just had a horrible feeling in my lower back like a spider was crawling on it... I inmediately WHACKED my back trying to get whatever it was off or killed, but then just when I thought I'd won it started to tickle again. So I stood up and started doing the dance of the deranged hooligan/chicken, whacking my back, pulling my shirt down and around... Who knows what passers-by might have thought... well, I still have no idea what it was but I haven't seen anything fall out of my shirt yet... I'm in temporary shock. I'm so terrified of spiders even having one in a corner of the room makes me stiff, never mind one in my shirt!(Then again it could just be my brain being dumb again)
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

If you have longer hair it may be a stray one caught somewhere down your back. There's a specific feeling to when it happens that I can't describe well at all, but tingling is definitely part of it and having had a spider crawling on my face...I believe I'm qualified to say that one could be mistaken for the other lol

If you have longer hair it may be a stray one caught somewhere down your back. There's a specific feeling to when it happens that I can't describe well at all, but tingling is definitely part of it and having had a spider crawling on my face...I believe I'm qualified to say that one could be mistaken for the other lol

I think you're right. I didn't see any spiders after checking (quite thoroughly) so it must have been some hair that fell down my back... So now I know I whacked a strand of hair to pieces but at least there was no spider... And I definitely don't envy you for having a little critter crawl on your face! :o

I think you're right. I didn't see any spiders after checking (quite thoroughly) so it must have been some hair that fell down my back... So now I know I whacked a strand of hair to pieces but at least there was no spider... And I definitely don't envy you for having a little critter crawl on your face! :o

It was my fault, the spider was blameless in the whole thing....and its reward was getting punted across the room at high speed. It survived, though, I watched it quickly scuttle under some furniture, probably wondering wtf happened lol.

10/10 would not recommend.

Had to get my hot water bottle out for the first time in years (for womens stuff) so there goes my productive day!

Also, brothers. Do they get a kick out of giving you worry & anxiety or is that just a talent of the one I have?

Had to get my hot water bottle out for the first time in years (for womens stuff) so there goes my productive day!

Also, brothers. Do they get a kick out of giving you worry & anxiety or is that just a talent of the one I have?
My brother is just plain horrible! We get on because we have to but that's about it. I certainly wouldn't choose him as a friend!

My brother seems to like upsetting me. We've fell out a few times. For the women's pain, I find ibuprofen the best thing.

Well we are halfway through week 2 of our new kitchen being fitted. Yesterday floor tiles went down. Bit greyer than we remembered but so be it. Tiled was back today to do upstands and grout but needs another box of tiles, we agreed to sort it for him and called supplier direct. Hmm that's odd the aged white is not what was ordered for you. They ordered aged grey.. hmm no wonder they looked darker than imagined. Problem is our units should be grey and now it's all too grey. Cue tons of phonecalls, a visit from the manager with samples (yes it's pretty much the same colour as the floor), a visit to the showroom and we now have a different colour kitchen due to be fitted 🤦‍♀️ might not have cupboard doors for 4 weeks though

Only in Barnsley do you see someone get out of a car that’s in standstill traffic, somehow arguing with a guy on the pavement, guy gets out of the car, punches him and gets back in.... genuinely can’t believe it

Only in Barnsley do you see someone get out of a car that’s in standstill traffic, somehow arguing with a guy on the pavement, guy gets out of the car, punches him and gets back in.... genuinely can’t believe it
Not only in Barnsley, sounds like you're in Bristol to me!

I nearly had similar last week. Was driving home after picking something up on Gumtree. Was at roundabout. In front of me White Van Man gave the car coming round the roundabout grief. Car and van stop at some traffic lights for roadworks. White Van Man gets out and has a go at man in car. I thought
White Van Man was going to punch Car Man's lights out. Fortunately traffic lights changed and White Van Man got back in van. Wtf was his problem?!? You are supposed to give way at a roundabout for cars coming in from the right!

I nearly had similar last week. Was driving home after picking something up on Gumtree. Was at roundabout. In front of me White Van Man gave the car coming round the roundabout grief. Car and van stop at some traffic lights for roadworks. White Van Man gets out and has a go at man in car. I thought
White Van Man was going to punch Car Man's lights out. Fortunately traffic lights changed and White Van Man got back in van. Wtf was his problem?!? You are supposed to give way at a roundabout for cars coming in from the right!

what is wrong with people? :yikes:

We stopped at the tolls on the M4 going into Wales a few years back. A man ran across the lanes of stationary traffic and started having a go at my partner who was sitting there looking baffled. He suddenly stopped his tirade took a breath and said "it wasn't you was it" and sloped back off to his car. It's funny now but at the time I was really scared, I thought my partner was going to get punched.

I once signed myself up for a free 'Managing Strong Emotions' course run by the Mind people (menopause... just wasn't prepared!) and there were a surprising number of Road-Ragers there but I think they got 'sent' when they get busted. 8 weeks and no fights in the multistory so I guess they were doing something right.

The few ladies there were mainly teachers (and I suspect some of you out there will understand why... ) but one older woman only came for the first week. By week 3 I was a bit worried and asked after her but the guy said, "she signs up for every course we do but never finishes any of them. I think it's like a hobby?" :lol:

My brother is just plain horrible! We get on because we have to but that's about it. I certainly wouldn't choose him as a friend!

Wouldn't choose mine as a friend either. We just go round in circles.

My brother seems to like upsetting me. We've fell out a few times. For the women's pain, I find ibuprofen the best thing.

Ibuprofen took a long time to kick in today!
I often wonder what it's like to have a normal sibling relationship.

I thought these things only happened in films?!

Back