• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

Well electrician never arrived! I got an email at 4.35 informing me that they couldn't make it today (Really? I'd never have guessed!) saying that they could do Monday morning at 9am instead if it is convenient. Well it isn't convenient but I'll just have to put something off until later or the job will never be done. The Boss himself is coming to do the job no less! (should I be impressed? er ...... I'm not!) I would have been more impressed if they either a) had turned up this afternoon or b) let me know they weren't coming at all!

Hope you can speak to a doctor soon!
Went via surgery on my way home, no one had rung, so thought I'd go as I didn't want to have to walk back again, good job I did as the doctor had agreed to leave abs for me and they got them ready whilst I waited, had I not gone I would have been waiting till Monday! At least this way hopefully I'll be feeling a bit better by Monday.

Well electrician never arrived! I got an email at 4.35 informing me that they couldn't make it today (Really? I'd never have guessed!) saying that they could do Monday morning at 9am instead if it is convenient. Well it isn't convenient but I'll just have to put something off until later or the job will never be done. The Boss himself is coming to do the job no less! (should I be impressed? er ...... I'm not!) I would have been more impressed if they either a) had turned up this afternoon or b) let me know they weren't coming at all!
Why could they not pick up the phone? I hate all the tech today, nobody actually rings anymore, in the long run it saves so much time to just speak to each other.

Why could they not pick up the phone? I hate all the tech today, nobody actually rings anymore, in the long run it saves so much time to just speak to each other.
I’m actually not sure if anyone actually works at our doctors? the phone just rings and rings and no one ever picks up the phone or even an answer phone message. The doors are locked and so you can’t order a repeat prescription even?

I’m actually not sure if anyone actually works at our doctors? the phone just rings and rings and no one ever picks up the phone or even an answer phone message. The doors are locked and so you can’t order a repeat prescription even?

I've had the same problem, the phone just rings and rings. I tried to register for the on line service to order repeat prescriptions and it said I didn't exist!
I signed up with Boots for them to get my prescriptions in for me, they've messed up twice running and I ran out of tablets.
I've now signed up with a company that orders them for you and then delivers them to your address, my neighbour uses them and says he's not had a problem so fingers crossed.

I've had the same problem, the phone just rings and rings. I tried to register for the on line service to order repeat prescriptions and it said I didn't exist!
I signed up with Boots for them to get my prescriptions in for me, they've messed up twice running and I ran out of tablets.
I've now signed up with a company that orders them for you and then delivers them to your address, my neighbour uses them and says he's not had a problem so fingers crossed.
I just don’t know if they are all working from home or what. I have been on their website to sign up for online prescriptions and it says you have to ring them first 😆 clearly defeats the object of an online presence! I used pharmacy 4 u in spring but they ended up duplicating so many times that I ended up with so many inhalers. I only use one a month so in the end I stopped them.

Oh no! That's who I just signed up with. My Drs won't release a prescription too early though. Boots kept ordering too soon and the Drs kept texting me to say I was ordering too soon, it wasn't me!

I’m with pharmacy 4 u...well my son is. I’ve never had a problem with them in the...1-2 years I’ve been using them. I usually get reminders about needing inhalers etc.

When people act like workers aren’t human. (I worked at McDonald’s for a while, and the treatment from customers was horrendous) believe it or not we have feelings too😂

I’m with pharmacy 4 u...well my son is. I’ve never had a problem with them in the...1-2 years I’ve been using them. I usually get reminders about needing inhalers etc.
@Siikibam and @piggieminder I actually got told off by a doctor because I had signed up for Prescriptions4u. She said they had let hundreds of people down last Christmas by not delivering their prescriptions. I said I only did it so that I didn’t have to queue with lots of people outside the chemist in the first lockdown, thought it would be far safer. She actually told me to cancel my subscription with them, I was staggered by her authoritarian attitude. Hope it all works well for you both. Our doctors is not great but it’s in the village so handy if you can actually get through to see them. Luckily I very rarely ever go, maybe once a year tops

Gah. Haven’t been volunteering at the donkey sanctuary since March (and they’re not opening until January). Was volunteering at a riding stables about 8 miles away from where I live, and was due to go back tomorrow. Only, now the owner has decided to close permanently. All the horses/ponies are for sale. So, there’s no point in going back.

And there’s nowhere near enough that I can easily volunteer. The only other riding stables within easy distance doesn’t need any help, and I‘m not really keen on going further afield unless I know where I’m going. Still got the food bank on Monday, but other than that, nothing.

Snuck downstairs at 5.45.
3 x mental squeakage - quickly trying to find pepper or something in the fridge before whole house wakes up.
Veggies FROZEN to base of salad drawer. Bah! Off to shop again later.

3 x mental squeakage - quickly trying to find pepper or something in the fridge before whole house wakes up.

i understand the panic feeding to keep them from waking everybody up! Shame about your veggies :(

We used to have that problem with our last fridge. You would open the salad draw and find frozen lettuce no matter what temperature setting we used. Takes a whole new meaning to Iceberg Lettuce, so annoying!

Was on an important call this morning. The lady I was talking to had to put me on hold to look something up on her computer. I look over at my toddler to see him pulling his pants off and smearing *ahem* all over the rug! :eek::vom: I hung up and just finished cleaning the toddler, the rug, and I now have a load running in the washing machine. Why, oh, why?!?!?!?!

Why, oh, why?!?!?!?!
One nappy-less toddler (who shall remain un-named!) once had a little accident in the dining room and immediately slipped over in it (the curse of the laminate floor) and flailed like an overturned turtle trying to get up. I leapt in and fished the culprit out (there was just nowhere good to get a hold!) and hurtled up to the bathroom. 10 minutes later, child clean and dry, suddenly remembered the aftermath and went downstairs to see a very rare creature indeed... a 'Poo Angel'. Never seen one before or since!

i understand the panic feeding to keep them from waking everybody up!
I've learnt my lesson. Tonight I chopped a few bits and put them in a little bowl to be chucked in tomorrow at speed if it happens again! It's those new girls - George knows the routine and greets me with a quiet, sort of under-his-breath squeakle as he knows I'll be back to uncover him when it gets light, but there was a virtual riot under the other blanket!

One nappy-less toddler (who shall remain un-named!) once had a little accident in the dining room and immediately slipped over in it (the curse of the laminate floor) and flailed like an overturned turtle trying to get up. I leapt in and fished the culprit out (there was just nowhere good to get a hold!) and hurtled up to the bathroom. 10 minutes later, child clean and dry, suddenly remembered the aftermath and went downstairs to see a very rare creature indeed... a 'Poo Angel'. Never seen one before or since!

I feel like the "Poo Angel" should be the holiday card of this year!

I cried reading your story, it was really funny!

So I switched GPs a week and a half ago, but my skin is acting like it lose the plot. I keep getting several cysts a week, and when one disappears another one pops up. By some sort of witchcraft I managed to get a telephone appointment with my GP on Tuesday (meant to be around 3pm, but it's a good thing I was actually awake when she rang in the morning instead :doh: ) and she agrees to make a dermatology referral and gives me another antibiotic prescription in the meantime. Turns out I keep the same named pharmacy for my prescriptions to go to electronically so I don't even have to scrabble around to find someone to pick it up OR work out where it needs to be sent.

Now for the fun part. After my mental health crises a few years back, I don't actually pick up my own prescriptions, at least not for my regular meds. I could probably get away with picking up an antibiotic prescription but honestly it causes more confusion for everyone else and I don't have the patience for that. It does mean, however, that if I tell them on Tuesday there's going to be a prescription waiting for me at the same pharmacy as before, it'd be nice if they'd pick it up.

Or if I tell them that on the Wednesday, it'd be nice of them to pick it up.

Or if I have to tell them that on the Thursday, well.

Now, since they come to me in the evening and not in the morning, I'm in a bit of a pickle. Do I hope that they'll bring it on Friday, and risk them NOT doing it and then probably not getting it til Monday or even Tuesday? Nope, no can do. I rang up the CMHT, and my care coordinator wasn't in but they said if it was urgent it could go to the duty worker. Yeah, I'll go with urgent. I apologised because it's obviously not mental health related but I'm 99% certain my care plan says I'm not to pick up meds at all. The antibiotics turned up this evening, and I plan on somehow getting my thanks across to the duty worker. I know they're only antibiotics. but seriously, it's a good thing I'm not actually sick.

tl;dr - people aren't picking up my meds on time no matter how many times I mention it. This needs a new solution, because I'm sick of doing this these past months.

Back