• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

Just done my weekly face mask. A charcoal peel off one... something went wrong. I don't know if I put it on too thick or left it to dry for far too long (but then how long is too long when it needs to dry so can be peeled off?!) It would not peel off and was stuck like glue. I had to wash it off in the shower!

How long did it say you should leave it on?

I keep waking up at 1AM at the moment. No idea why. It’s not because I’m too warm/cold. It’s just really annoying. Then I end up tossing and turning for an hour or so before I manage to doze off again.

Delivery drivers who park parallel to other cars blocking the road for everyone, instead of driving 6ft either direction & parking in a line of vehicles out of the way, so that vehicles can still pass.

I spent over 5 minutes waiting to get through the road to home because the grocery/delivery driver had blocked the road. It seems to be a common occurrence lately :(
I know they don't want to walk miles to make a delivery, especially if it's heavy/awkward but 6ft would have been all it needed.
Good job I wasn't an emergency vehicle trying to get through!
Some people are so inconsiderate - sigh!

How long did it say you should leave it on?

15-20 mins. I've used it before no problem but this one was something else altogether!

:bal: 🚿 :D

@Sar sounds drastic! Hope it's off & you're feeling better now?
At least everyone's wearing masks these days, so you wouldn't have looked out of place ;) xx

Sponged it off in the shower, face feels ok now. Never mind a deep detox, pore cleaning mask or whatever it says I feel like I've taken 12 layers of skin off!

I keep waking up at 1AM at the moment. No idea why. It’s not because I’m too warm/cold. It’s just really annoying. Then I end up tossing and turning for an hour or so before I manage to doze off again.

My time for this is anytime between 1am & 4am. My wake up time seems to move & surprise me!

Absolutely disgusted at his mother. She’s been demanding he calls her which he avoids because she’s always going off the rails (I mean, who wouldn’t avoid this?) she asks for him to call her Tuesday (today) and she sent him messages how he doesn’t respect her and didn’t call her Monday night etc and how he’s lazy and selfish and how she’s going to kill her self and all this stuff. Her behaviour is out of this world, it’s like a 60 year old toddler. Maybe he’d want to call her if he knew it was going to be pleasant instead of the same thing he gets over text! His brother avoids her the same way, it’s just a lot to deal with

Sorry Rivervixen. The threatening to kill herself is a really low thing to do, but unfortunately I don’t think she understands that.

Sorry Rivervixen. The threatening to kill herself is a really low thing to do, but unfortunately I don’t think she understands that.

I don’t think she does either, it all seems very low to me :( she says all kinds of things then just goes “sorry” (not yet this time) and carries on like nothing happened. Really winds me up :(

It’s difficult when your parent(s) behave like that. I think it’s been the norm for so long they can really struggle with seeing it for what it is. Just give your fiancé lots of hugs and reassurance.

It’s difficult when your parent(s) behave like that. I think it’s been the norm for so long they can really struggle with seeing it for what it is. Just give your fiancé lots of hugs and reassurance.

it’s just not on for me but there’s nothing I can do because it’s not my battle, if that were my family I’d be saying something! Lots of reassurance and hugs are definitely in place I think he was mortified

Absolutely disgusted at his mother. She’s been demanding he calls her which he avoids because she’s always going off the rails (I mean, who wouldn’t avoid this?) she asks for him to call her Tuesday (today) and she sent him messages how he doesn’t respect her and didn’t call her Monday night etc and how he’s lazy and selfish and how she’s going to kill her self and all this stuff. Her behaviour is out of this world, it’s like a 60 year old toddler. Maybe he’d want to call her if he knew it was going to be pleasant instead of the same thing he gets over text! His brother avoids her the same way, it’s just a lot to deal with
Oh how awful for you all. What has made this woman so paranoid and needy? Or has she always been this way? I take it there’s no meaningful other in her life, as they would not allow her to behave this way 😟

Oh how awful for you all. What has made this woman so paranoid and needy? Or has she always been this way? I take it there’s no meaningful other in her life, as they would not allow her to behave this way 😟
I don’t know that this kind of behaviour can start so quickly. She may have been like this for a long time. It’s such a pity though, she’s kidding out on a close adult relationship with her children ☹️

She supposedly has untreated bipolar and is just this way, his brother apologised many times and said a lot of family avoid her. Fiancé said she’s always been this way too and it’s “normal” for her. I think she feels out of control of him or something which is why she’s so manic, she also isn’t getting everything her way which sounds really bad but it’s the cherry on top. She does have a husband who is very nice and I don’t know what he thinks of it all, he’s always been very kind to me

Bipolar that has been diagnosed and being treated is difficult to live with so I can't even begin to imagine what undiagnosed and untreated bipolar is like!

Bipolar that has been diagnosed and being treated is difficult to live with so I can't even begin to imagine what undiagnosed and untreated bipolar is like!

very erratic, irrational and tiring! I don’t think she has a steady thought when she’s writing to him, all over the place with demands and far fetched thoughts. I do feel sorry for her but I’m way too furious this time to have any sympathy

Oh the poor man, she does sound unhinged. I think she needs some medical treatment. At least you know she has a husband who is there with her and will not let her come to any harm. It’s very controlling behaviour and manipulative too. Can your fiancé speak to him about her behaviour and get her into counselling?
My father used to threaten to kill himself after he kicked me and my mother out of our home. He then realised after nine months that life was not as rosy as he thought it would be. He wanted us back, but we stuck it out in a cold one bedroomed flat, it was grim but better than going back to him. He was controlling and manipulative and very cruel. Your fiancé would be better off cooling his relationship with her. Tell her he will ring once a week at a set time and stick to it, he would feel better to take control of the situation. She has her husband, she should let her children live their own lives now x

@Bill & Ted so sorry. Your mum sounds like she was the rock you needed her to be. Did he ever apologise for his behaviour?

@Rivervixen is there any way her husband could get some mental health help for her?

Oh the poor man, she does sound unhinged. I think she needs some medical treatment. At least you know she has a husband who is there with her and will not let her come to any harm. It’s very controlling behaviour and manipulative too. Can your fiancé speak to him about her behaviour and get her into counselling?
My father used to threaten to kill himself after he kicked me and my mother out of our home. He then realised after nine months that life was not as rosy as he thought it would be. He wanted us back, but we stuck it out in a cold one bedroomed flat, it was grim but better than going back to him. He was controlling and manipulative and very cruel. Your fiancé would be better off cooling his relationship with her. Tell her he will ring once a week at a set time and stick to it, he would feel better to take control of the situation. She has her husband, she should let her children live their own lives now x

I’m so sorry your father was that way :( that’s absolutely awful. I’m glad you both stuck it out away from his dreadful behaviour. One of the bigger issues is that my fiancé isn’t confrontational and won’t stand up to her or even speak to her Husband, he just takes it and ignores it :( I really wish he wouldn’t but I can’t change that unfortunately

Back