• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

I’m so sorry your father was that way :( that’s absolutely awful. I’m glad you both stuck it out away from his dreadful behaviour. One of the bigger issues is that my fiancé isn’t confrontational and won’t stand up to her or even speak to her Husband, he just takes it and ignores it :( I really wish he wouldn’t but I can’t change that unfortunately
Aw, I’m so sorry for you both, don’t let it ever come between you, that’s the main thing. It an awful predicament for you all
No he never apologised, ever. It was all our fault for him hitting us, gambling, womanising, drinking and even cooking “the wrong” meal for him when he came home from work. He was evil, but on the outside he was charming, well educated, good job, handsome, a great sportsman, one of the lads and very magnet to women! Even my Mum’s best friend. I stopped seeing him the last 30 years as he started to undermine my sons sporting achievements so that was the final straw. He still persecuted my mother until a week before he died in 2014, he was 86! It was a big relief to both of us

Aw, I’m so sorry for you both, don’t let it ever come between you, that’s the main thing. It an awful predicament for you all
No he never apologised, ever. It was all our fault for him hitting us, gambling, womanising, drinking and even cooking “the wrong” meal for him when he came home from work. He was evil, but on the outside he was charming, well educated, good job, handsome, a great sportsman, one of the lads and very magnet to women! Even my Mum’s best friend. I stopped seeing him the last 30 years as he started to undermine my sons sporting achievements so that was the final straw. He still persecuted my mother until a week before he died in 2014, he was 86! It was a big relief to both of us

what an evil man :( that’s inexcusable and can’t believe in his own mind he thought that was right! I hope you and your mum know you deserved way better than that, nobody deserves even a fraction of that :( at the moment I’m glad this is a family friendly forum as most of my thoughts aren’t family friendly at all! I told him I wish he’d deal with it and I feel like its getting to me more than it should be, just wish she’d go somewhere else!

Can’t say anything but sorry. You’re a testament to your mum ☺️

Thank you both. I have never really talked about it, only to a couple of people. My Mum’s family knew what he was like, he broke every window in my grandparents house once and had to be arrested. I’m really the strong silent type when it comes to emotions, I find it quite difficult even now really, I wasn’t aloud to expressed my emotions when living with him or it just caused more trouble and pain. I did actually break his finger once defending my Mum, which he never forgave me for. He was a violent bully but his worst evils where his manipulation and controlling.
Anyway sorry for stealing your thread @Rivervixen I really hope you limit her controlling nature in your lives x

Thank you both. I have never really talked about it, only to a couple of people. My Mum’s family knew what he was like, he broke every window in my grandparents house once and had to be arrested. I’m really the strong silent type when it comes to emotions, I find it quite difficult even now really, I wasn’t aloud to expressed my emotions when living with him or it just caused more trouble and pain. I did actually break his finger once defending my Mum, which he never forgave me for. He was a violent bully but his worst evils where his manipulation and controlling.
Anyway sorry for stealing your thread @Rivervixen I really hope you limit her controlling nature in your lives x

you didn’t steal it at all don’t worry I’m just sorry I can’t take the pain he must have caused you. Honestly so proud of everybody who feels able to share here, it really is just a big family with lovely people and lovely piggies. You’re a wonderful person and he lost out on having you in his life :hug:

You were brought up that way so don’t see it as a slight on you. It’s your environment that made you that way. But luckily it didn’t affect you too negatively in that you obviously grew up into a fine man ☺️ And I’m sure your mum is super proud of you. Well done on defending your mum. I know of a young relative who was also willing to come to their mum’s defence. Although that would have led to more trouble than it’s worth. Trying to keep it vague.

You were brought up that way so don’t see it as a slight on you. It’s your environment that made you that way. But luckily it didn’t affect you too negatively in that you obviously grew up into a fine man ☺ And I’m sure your mum is super proud of you. Well done on defending your mum. I know of a young relative who was also willing to come to their mum’s defence. Although that would have led to more trouble than it’s worth. Trying to keep it vague.
Thank you for your very kind words, I’m 62 now and a lucky grandma of two gorgeous little girls. But Christmas is always a difficult time for me still. I haven’t let it ruin my life in any way, he would have won then!

Thank you for your very kind words, I’m 62 now and a lucky grandma of two gorgeous little girls. But Christmas is always a difficult time for me still. I haven’t let it ruin my life in any way, he would have won then!
So sorry I thought you were a he! 🤦🏾‍♀🤭 You showed him!, good on you 😄

Our local village shop........ have been meaning to get stamps to post cards, as always busy and nearly forgot, went today, sorted one card, parcel no problem,

"please could I have 15 second class stamps"
"Sorry I don't have any"
"Pardon? No stamps?"
"No, no second class, I have first!"
"Err no thank you, will you get some more?"
"Maybe"

Now I know it's Christmas and I am very aware of supporting our local shop/post office, use it or loose it, but really!
They often don't have milk or potatoes and I went to get cash last week and he didn't have that either!

Our local village shop........ have been meaning to get stamps to post cards, as always busy and nearly forgot, went today, sorted one card, parcel no problem,

"please could I have 15 second class stamps"
"Sorry I don't have any"
"Pardon? No stamps?"
"No, no second class, I have first!"
"Err no thank you, will you get some more?"
"Maybe"

Now I know it's Christmas and I am very aware of supporting our local shop/post office, use it or loose it, but really!
They often don't have milk or potatoes and I went to get cash last week and he didn't have that either!

I used to work in a Post Office many moons ago and that is just bad management by the Post Master. They should always have stamps in. They may have run out of Christmas stamps but there should always be hundreds/thousands of normal stamps in the safe.

The price is going up in Jan so people are bulk buying - that's what I was told.

I gritted my teeth and posted most of mine first class with normal stamps left over from last year, in case I suddenly get covid or something and can't post anything for 2 weeks. Then I went out to buy some normal stamps for use during the year and the shop only had Christmas ones so that's super bad planning on my part!

I used to work in a Post Office many moons ago and that is just bad management by the Post Master. They should always have stamps in. They may have run out of Christmas stamps but there should always be hundreds/thousands of normal stamps in the safe.
I wasn't worried if they were Christmas or not I just needed to get the cards in the post, I have now bought some at another shop whilst my daughter was at training But it just makes me cross that I try to support my local shop and they are so Disorganised and so often don't have the basics you expect.

That my joints have been very clicky of late. Turning in bed, click goes the knee. Straighten my arm, click goes the elbow. Walking normally!, click goes the ankle. I’m having to take vitamin D every day now for the rest of winter. Hopefully it’ll improve soon ☹ I know it’s not major so rant over now.

That my joints have been very clicky of late. Turning in bed, click goes the knee. Straighten my arm, click goes the elbow. Walking normally!, click goes the ankle. I’m having to take vitamin D every day now for the rest of winter. Hopefully it’ll improve soon ☹ I know it’s not major so rant over now.

I am so grateful I'm not the only one with clicky elbows, mine sound hilariously awful sometimes.

I am so grateful I'm not the only one with clicky elbows, mine sound hilariously awful sometimes.
Do you know what causes yours to be clicky? It’s just ridiculous how a simple movement can earn a click. Not even a twist of the joint or anything!

My little fingers also look really curved now! But that’s my fault so I can’t rant about it. Hindsight!

Do you know what causes yours to be clicky? It’s just ridiculous how a simple movement can earn a click. Not even a twist of the joint or anything!

My little fingers also look really curved now! But that’s my fault so I can’t rant about it. Hindsight!

Holding something with both hands (like a game controller, or if I'm doing my braids etc) or sitting at a computer seems to make it a bit more likely it'll happen? But it's not a given, and I doubt that can really be the cause of my elbow making the sort of *thunk* noise that it does. But I also have a very clicky back, shoulders, and right wrist (fractured it years ago).

Stretching is always fun. The back, shoulders and elbows all seem to hold competitions, who can click the loudest.

Holding something with both hands (like a game controller, or if I'm doing my braids etc) or sitting at a computer seems to make it a bit more likely it'll happen? But it's not a given, and I doubt that can really be the cause of my elbow making the sort of *thunk* noise that it does. But I also have a very clicky back, shoulders, and right wrist (fractured it years ago).

Stretching is always fun. The back, shoulders and elbows all seem to hold competitions, who can click the loudest.
Wow! Is it painful?

Back