• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

I wish I didn't feel the need to iron all the holiday clothes before I pack them. I know they will be creased when I unpack!

There's nothing like catching sight of yourself in a mirror and practically recoiling in horror at the blob looking back at you!
I understand that Sar - I forget how old I am until I look in the mirror !
I’m sure you’re a bit hard on yourself ……❤️

There's nothing like catching sight of yourself in a mirror and practically recoiling in horror at the blob looking back at you!
You're losing weight so you are doing something about it. You said on the diet thread that your belt was a hole tighter. You are getting there. Be kind on yourself. How you perceive yourself is not how others see you. You are a lovely person remember that.

I was ⅔ through a particularly challenging 500 piece jigsaw and then I managed to tip a can of Pepsi over my board, and 7 or 8 pieces ended up absolutely sodden to the point of no return. Twice in two days now, yesterday it was Pepsi all over the living room floor. Wtf is wrong with my hands? I mean I know what's wrong with them but I haven't had any real issues with them for a bit so it'd be nice if I could continue to not have regular issues with them again.

I ordered something from ebay. It was supposed to arrive today. According to Royal Mail I got it yesterday afternoon and there was a nice little photo showing it on a drive with the Postman's feet as proof of delivery. Problem was, it wasn't my drive. My Postie knows to leave post that won't fit through the letter box in the porch. I immediately got hold of the company on ebay and Royal Mail has started "an investigation". The item had my correct address and postcode on it. How can something with the correct postcode be delivered to the incorrect address? I timed it so that it would arrive before I went on holiday next Wednesday, it'll probably now arrive when I'm away and have to sit in the porch for 10 days!

Wellllll… stop drinking soda! Or, get a sippy cup.

Sadly unless a sippy cup can be guaranteed not to break or otherwise fall apart when they get accidentally dropped or thrown...it's a weight thing. I have mold neurological issues, sometimes my hands forget what their job is and the lighter weight the item the more trouble I have keeping in upright.

And the worst is a sheet of paper. I've had to give up and ask someone else to pick up a page I've dropped far too often because I get a little frustrated when my own attempts hit double digits. Cans are nothing on paper sheets!

Sat on a National express bus, someone Is whistling away& a small child is listening/watching nursery rhymes on repeat without headphones. Why are the little things more irritating in enclosed spaces?! (No need to answer that question.)

Put the oven on to pre-heat, gets my food out from the freezer. Get a message on my phone and after replying, notice I need to change the oven temp up by 30. Before I touched it the oven turned off. It blew its fuse and then afterwards it won't heat up. Looks like the element has blown....damn it on a weekend as well......

(its not my oven and it was something beyond my control but we (me and the boyfriend) will both get it in the neck for this happening)

I understand that Sar - I forget how old I am until I look in the mirror !
I’m sure you’re a bit hard on yourself ……❤️

You're losing weight so you are doing something about it. You said on the diet thread that your belt was a hole tighter. You are getting there. Be kind on yourself. How you perceive yourself is not how others see you. You are a lovely person remember that.

I'm putting it down to hormones (being a woman is fun right) but annoyed with myself as was in this position last year and nothing has changed. I wore a dress last week and felt lovely, few days later trousers and a top make me feel awful about myself.

1. The sun we've had this week has brought my itchiness out and I'm scratching so on antihistamines for it. I'm sure I'm allergic to first few days of sunlight that my skin sees
2. I missed the northern lights yesterday
3. Eurovision has been strange this year (and obviously not without its problems) but did anyone else feel a stab of disappointment when the real Abba didn't appear at the interval. I would have thought that 50 years since winning the contest and it being held in Sweden this year would have been the perfeft occasion. One song, for one night only would have been amazing!

I'm putting it down to hormones (being a woman is fun right) but annoyed with myself as was in this position last year and nothing has changed. I wore a dress last week and felt lovely, few days later trousers and a top make me feel awful about myself.

1. The sun we've had this week has brought my itchiness out and I'm scratching so on antihistamines for it. I'm sure I'm allergic to first few days of sunlight that my skin sees
2. I missed the northern lights yesterday
3. Eurovision has been strange this year (and obviously not without its problems) but did anyone else feel a stab of disappointment when the real Abba didn't appear at the interval. I would have thought that 50 years since winning the contest and it being held in Sweden this year would have been the perfeft occasion. One song, for one night only would have been amazing!
Hormones do play a massive part in how we feel ( men and women) - you said you were in this position last year and nothing has changed since then but things haven’t got worse or gone downhill so I’d say that’s a positive for you ! Don’t be too hard on yourself as you’ve mentioned the difficulties you cope with daily which are out of your control ! I think you’re doing great 🥰
I think Eurovision was not great this … it has become political despite what they say. I agree it’s sad that ABBA couldn’t appear for this special occasion ….maybe it’s not that special to them anymore

Unbelievable! First crisis was the taxi breakdown on route to the airport, he fixed it but that was a stressful 45 minutes. Everything at the airport was fine but the transfer stopped at a hotel that was obviously closed for refurbishment! Fortunately instead of just dumping us there he made some phone calls and a friend of his did know the alternative accommodation being used. We got there and the guy on reception didn't have any record of our booking. This was now about one in the morning so we couldn't even go to the bar while we waited for him to sort something out for us. He then appeared with a key so we followed him but he couldn't find the apartment?! We then made our way back to reception where he eventually produced a bunch of keys and we followed him again. This time it was the other apartment block where we discovered the lift wasn't working. I use a walker and hubby a walking stick so this was not ideal. We eventually got everyone and everything upstairs.
The apartment was due to be refurbished so is a terrible state. This was tolerable until we discovered that the toilet doesn't flush because the cold water is turned off so we had to keep putting water in the cistern. We also couldn't shower because the water is too hot.
After long discussions with management in the morning we were informed that there were no other rooms available so we called the travel agent then emailed them. We will be moving over to the other apartment in an hour. It's ground floor in case the lifts break again and because we paid extra for a sea view we have had 3 days stay refunded.
Sorry about the long post!

Oh and also we chose the first place partly for convenience, distance to bars, shops, bars etc ( I know I said bars twice!) this place is at least a mile from anything! 😭
I’m so sorry your holiday has got off to a disappointing start. They cost a fortune and are so looked forward to. I hope your stay gets better. X

I’m glad they’ve sorted a better apartment - you can now enjoy your holiday !
Take care , deep breaths and relax 🥰

The OH has Man Flu and is clearly dying. His Mum came over like she does every Sunday and one of the first things she said to me was "Don't catch his cold will you?" I thought that it wasn't exactly something on my "To Do" List. But I said that I wouldn't as I didn't want a cold on top of hay fever as that would be bad. Then she said "You got hay fever then?" to which I replied that yes and thought and like I have for the other 39 years that you've known me! Then she said that she didn't mean that it would be bad if I got his cold on top of hay fever just that we were going on holiday. I thought that's great! It clearly wouldn't matter to her if I get hay fever and a cold then if we weren't going on holiday. I said to my OH this morning that he wouldn't be getting any sympathy out of me and he replied "thanks for that" and I said back to him "Well you don't give me any sympathy when I my hay fever's so bad I can hardly function. It works both ways".

I thought it was after 8pm because of how dark it is

DSC_0100.JPG

And then I heard the several seconds long rumble of thunder. But no lightning, I don't think it's going to hit here properly. I like a good thunderstorm, I don't want cheated out of one!

Edit - it's here. Overhead here. The window's still ajar, it's tipping it down, constant flashes, constant rumbles, and there's air. So much air. I've closed the door so they won't feel it downstairs but I'm not ranting anymore. I'm loving it!

Last edited:
Back