• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

People are burning garden waste now in Northampton because the council have put a charge on collection brown bin waste ( garden waste) so no other option, other than get ripped off. They won't even hold the charging for collecting bins whilst corona is going wild. Madness
best bet is to order a compost bin. All green and brown waste from your garden can go in it along with kitchen scraps (veggies, fruit coffee grinds and tea bags) Best of all guinea pig poos!

Yep, same thing happened to us when we had problems with our broadband in January. It took a month of repeated calls, retelling of what the problems are, constant transferring of calls (from India, to Glasgow, then to Dublin and God knows where else) and sometimes being dropped off call! My hubby has resulted to telling them first hand to pull up his account and read all the complaints in their record before they ask him what the problem is. 🙄🤦‍♀️👎
They are the worst company to deal with apart from NPower!

best bet is to order a compost bin. All green and brown waste from your garden can go in it along with kitchen scraps (veggies, fruit coffee grinds and tea bags) Best of all guinea pig poos!
Nice idea, but I have no garden really, just a front bit outside my maisonette 😕

They are the worst company to deal with apart from NPower!
Yeah, we hate calling BT. When we avail of BT Fibre 2 years ago, they messed it all up as well. The first guy that installed it did it fine and quickly. But he said he wasn't the one who will turn on our fibre and would need to call another engineer to do it from the box. So we have to wait another day for that. But every engineer they sent ended up not doing it coz they don't have the right access and such. They finally managed to turn on our fibre after 3 months (We availed it March, then after a month it was installed and then it was on on July), but we think we've seen around 10 different engineers. One time 3 engineers went to our house just to check it was installed properly and that the problem wasn't at our end. 🤦‍♀️

Our problem in January was related to that. Somehow, after having the fibre broadband for almost 2 years, in BT's system, we are not in a fibre broadband package and just the regular copper broadband. Hubby had the problem renewing our package because of it. They said somehow during the time we got the fibre, BT open reach didn't change our plan in the system, but we didn't have the problem renewing the plan last year. Weird I know. Well after the troubles of getting back and forth, they managed to change it eventually, upgraded us to a higher package for free, well at no extra cost on our current package (we now have 100Mb average speed), and gave us £25 credit.

Hermes parcel people!
Lost the beautiful Pedro teddy (that @teddymouse made for me) days ago and can’t find him, given up looking now and apologised! :cen: Eejits. Been looking forward to my little wonky boy back on my bed with me! So who knows where he’s ended up!

People are burning garden waste now in Northampton because the council have put a charge on collection brown bin waste ( garden waste) so no other option, other than get ripped off. They won't even hold the charging for collecting bins whilst corona is going wild. Madness
It IS madness because schools are expected to stay open! And surely binmen are employed by the county council (via the district council) just as school staff?! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hermes parcel people!
Lost the beautiful Pedro teddy (that @teddymouse made for me) days ago and can’t find him, given up looking now and apologised! :cen: Eejits. Been looking forward to my little wonky boy back on my bed with me! So who knows where he’s ended up!
Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear that xx

Hermes parcel people!
I had something that was lost my My Hermes that turned up around 6 weeks later. So there is hope yet!

Just been on phone for over an hour with a nice lady called Mia,she's getting on to all the Hermes depots, to try to track Pedo down,so fingers crossed.
Thanks so much @teddymouse, sorry you’ve had to waste so much time on the phone to the plonkers! xx

Thanks @Betsy, good to know he might appear in the near future! 🤞

I had something that was lost my My Hermes that turned up around 6 weeks later. So there is hope yet!

I had similar. No one came to the door but they claimed it had been delivered. Two weeks later a neighbour turned up with the parcel obviously unaware that we hadn't been left a card or any details as to where it was.

We knew they’d picked the parcel up because they even said it!
E0FC0B4D-62AA-4B87-93ED-0130F5127F4E.jpeg
Just had that msg on the tracking thingy for days so I called! Couldn’t get hold of the courier, courier could have left it at 3 depos etc! Then just an email apologising and telling me to contact the sender and that these things happen sometimes! Oh, thanks for that! :doh:

I've been waiting for a parcel from ebay that was sent via my hermes on 24th March. Went onto the tracking and it was with the courier yesterday but it said that there was an issue with my address and I should contact them. Thecontact details were on the "FAQ's below" er slight problem the FAQ's weren't below. So after 15 minutes of going round in circles on their website I EVENTUALLY found what I was looking for only to be connected with a "Digital Assistant" who should have contacted me with a Customer Service Agent but no this didn't happen! I have had to leave them my phone number for them to contact me alledgedly within the next 24 hours but I'm not hopeful that this will happen. There has never been any issue with this address before. The courier knows if I'm not in to leave any parcels in the porch.

People not keeping a distance at work. I work evenings/nights in Tesco and several times I’ve had customers come quite close to me when asking where something is.

I've been waiting for a parcel from ebay that was sent via my hermes on 24th March. Went onto the tracking and it was with the courier yesterday but it said that there was an issue with my address and I should contact them. Thecontact details were on the "FAQ's below" er slight problem the FAQ's weren't below. So after 15 minutes of going round in circles on their website I EVENTUALLY found what I was looking for only to be connected with a "Digital Assistant" who should have contacted me with a Customer Service Agent but no this didn't happen! I have had to leave them my phone number for them to contact me alledgedly within the next 24 hours but I'm not hopeful that this will happen. There has never been any issue with this address before. The courier knows if I'm not in to leave any parcels in the porch.
you do have to go around the houses to get anywhere, been trying to speak to someone since yesterday, and when l was put on hold to speak to a staff member, l wasn't going to hang up till l had,that took nearly 45 minutes.

People not keeping a distance at work. I work evenings/nights in Tesco and several times I’ve had customers come quite close to me when asking where something is.
It's difficult for people who are hard of hearing, at times like this. They may have to stand nearer to people to hear them better. Not saying this was the case for you. I was just making a general comment

It's difficult for people who are hard of hearing, at times like this. They may have to stand nearer to people to hear them better. Not saying this was the case for you. I was just making a general comment
That’s a different case I think if someone is hard of hearing. But these people definitely weren’t. Good point though ☺️

My toilet is blocked.

It's after 9pm which means the usual out of hours number to call isn't an option.

Nobody bothers to give us the actual out of hours number because why would we possibly have a problem after 9pm?

Even if I did have a number I'd probably get told it's not an emergency to have a non-flushing toilet and why can't I just, y'know, go use another one.

Bureaucracy, getting things right* 100% of the time.

*as long as you're the bureaucrat, anyway.

My toilet is blocked.

It's after 9pm which means the usual out of hours number to call isn't an option.

Nobody bothers to give us the actual out of hours number because why would we possibly have a problem after 9pm?

Even if I did have a number I'd probably get told it's not an emergency to have a non-flushing toilet and why can't I just, y'know, go use another one.

Bureaucracy, getting things right* 100% of the time.

*as long as you're the bureaucrat, anyway.
Do it yourself if you are able enough, get an empty 2 litre drink bottle, keep it the right way up as it would be normally. And keep ramming it down the toilet bowl. The blockage should release.

Back