• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

Good grief. I had put some sausages in the oven (because it's too hot to be pan frying or grilling (that's broiling for our American friends)) and I took the tray out to turn them. And then went to put the tray back into the oven bare handed. How my fingers are still intact I have no idea.
You need an air fryer! I've been using mine daily to cook those precooked chicken nuggets or chicken strips that you can buy in the freezer section. Saves me from heating up the house too much.

Feeling your mouse stress @Hannah_xx I've had an injured rat in my garden but today after he passed away the rest of his family popped over from the neighbour's garden! I have ordered an ultrasonic deterrent alarm but need to keep it far enough away from the hoyse it doesnt freak the piggies out, I also ordered a peppermint oil concentraye, but then as a scientist I got to thinking... chilli oil or mustard may be a better deterrent? Not especially kind but certainly not lethal and a very strong deterrent, I am going to try wiping the areas where I think the rats come in from the neighbour's and the alley with chilli oil and mustard and see how it works... all mammals except some weird humans like myself hate hot spicy food sensations though it is a trick of the nervous system and doesnt cause lasting harm!
Aww it finally passed away then. Sorry he invited his family around at the end! Hope your mustard chilli power mix does the trick!

You need an air fryer! I've been using mine daily to cook those precooked chicken nuggets or chicken strips that you can buy in the freezer section. Saves me from heating up the house too much.
I usually only buy stuff I can shove in the oven, it's the same pan for the grill (broiler) but I don't have the detachable handle for it so grilling is awkward, and as for pan frying - the last time I did that was a couple of years ago, when I set the fire alarm off at 8am on a Sunday morning because I happen to like burnt egg whites on my eggs :)) and I did such a good job of it, we couldn't get the fire alarm to stop tripping for about half an hour. "How the hell did you make so much smoke frying eggs?!"

All smoke, no fire. No more pan frying for Lorcán! But you know how you're not supposed to shop when you're hungry or you just buy crap? Well I buy food *only* when I'm hungry because if I don't my brain's like "yeah we just need cola, food isn't important right now because your stomach says so", but I forget sometimes to pay attention to cooking instructions and/or storage instructions (like freezer vs fridge) when I'm doing an online shop.

Sausages were good. My fingertips are apparently that badly calloused that a quick application of germolene was all I needed. Which is kind of worrying in itself actually.

Thanks for all your mice advice!
I thoroughly cleaned all of the house yesterday, took me all day. I then put out 2 humane traps overnight and caught 3 mice, Woohoo!
I’ve just got back from releasing them into a little wooded area.. in a shoebox, with hay and food.. because I’m weak and felt bad :doh::coat:

Thanks for all your mice advice!
I thoroughly cleaned all of the house yesterday, took me all day. I then put out 2 humane traps overnight and caught 3 mice, Woohoo!
I’ve just got back from releasing them into a little wooded area.. in a shoebox, with hay and food.. because I’m weak and felt bad :doh::coat:
Oh Hannah, you are such a sweet person.
Honestly given the mouse issues in Australia right now I would not have been so kind!
My Aunt who lives in Australia is livid because some mice ate holes in her golf club covers :lol:
But you post really made me smile.
I hope the mice move on elsewhere very soon.

Oh Hannah, you are such a sweet person.
Honestly given the mouse issues in Australia right now I would not have been so kind!
My Aunt who lives in Australia is livid because some mice ate holes in her golf club covers :lol:
But you post really made me smile.
I hope the mice move on elsewhere very soon.
I know, I’m terrible!
Having a mouse problem is such a dilemma for me because I ..just ..LOVE small creatures. I guess that’s why I love guinea pigs and hamsters so much. They are all so damn cute, mice included!
ugh. But I know how much of a huge issue they are in Australia right now. And I’m at my wits end with them in the cottage, and they are also effecting my birds in my aviary and that is causing me concern.
So I’ll just keep releasing them into the forest 😂 At least they would need a boat to get back to my house at the moment with the amount of rain we’ve had😂

I know, I’m terrible!
Having a mouse problem is such a dilemma for me because I ..just ..LOVE small creatures. I guess that’s why I love guinea pigs and hamsters so much. They are all so damn cute, mice included!
ugh. But I know how much of a huge issue they are in Australia right now. And I’m at my wits end with them in the cottage, and they are also effecting my birds in my aviary and that is causing me concern.
So I’ll just keep releasing them into the forest 😂 At least they would need a boat to get back to my house at the moment with the amount of rain we’ve had😂
Hannah see if you can find out where they are getting in, they can get through the tiniest holes. it’s often where water/drainage pipes go through the wall. You can buy an aerosol type foam which you spray into any gap and it expands to fill any gap
Good luck x

PS Think that tunnel was made by me, I make some and donate to TEAS for Debbie to sell on her Facebook page! 😁

Hannah see if you can find out where they are getting in, they can get through the tiniest holes. it’s often where water/drainage pipes go through the wall. You can buy an aerosol type foam which you spray into any gap and it expands to fill any gap
Good luck x

PS Think that tunnel was made by me, I make some and donate to TEAS for Debbie to sell on her Facebook page! 😁
I blocked off one entry hole in the front door frame yesterday after watching one squeeze outside. Jon said the hot water pipes are probably a likely place they can get it, so he’s going to crawl under the house tomorrow to have a look.

oh was it! I did wonder who made it, and hoped someone on here had! All the pigs love it, it’s so well made. Thank you :clap:

I blocked off one entry hole in the front door frame yesterday after watching one squeeze outside. Jon said the hot water pipes are probably a likely place they can get it, so he’s going to crawl under the house tomorrow to have a look.

oh was it! I did wonder who made it, and hoped someone on here had! All the pigs love it, it’s so well made. Thank you :clap:
So glad you and your piggies like it x
Gosh he is a brave man, watch out for those spiders and snakes :yikes:

Not a rant, more of offloading. I’m struggling to switch off and finding something to do. I have things I can do - read, knit, watch tv. I also need to read someone story and give them feedback. But I’ve been struggling to find something to watch on tv for a while. And now I’m feeling tired because, despite a late(ish) night, I was up by 7 - brain decided it was time to wake up.

PS bit of a rant. I got an email about the tv licence today. Ended up working out it’s a fake one! Good thing I didn’t log in 😭

I got a fake Royal Mail email today, it said I have to use a link to pay extra for a parcel to be delivered as the sender had not paid enough, checked and there’s nothing outstanding so we think it’s a fake too

@Siikibam I'm not surprised you are finding it hard to switch off as you've been so busy recently. Have you tried just sitting in a chair with your eyes closed and just deep breathing?

In through the nose 1, 2, 3 and out through the mouth 1, 2, 3 and in through the nose 1, 2, 3 and out through the mouth 1, 2, 3 and in through the nose ....

Are you more relaxed yet?

Watching the post office staff member THROW a fragile package onto the pile. Please let it get there undamaged!

@Siikibam I'm not surprised you are finding it hard to switch off as you've been so busy recently. Have you tried just sitting in a chair with your eyes closed and just deep breathing?

In through the nose 1, 2, 3 and out through the mouth 1, 2, 3 and in through the nose 1, 2, 3 and out through the mouth 1, 2, 3 and in through the nose ....

I’ll try it again when there isn’t such background noise 🤣 I could do with a nap but need to cook dinner.

If she isn’t, then I am…. I ended up doing it!

The Pingdemic, it's worse than the lockdowns. No post, no bins emptied, no trains, empty shop shelves, the Country has gone even madder! I thought 2020 was bad, 2021 is turning out to be far worse so far.

I got a fake Royal Mail email today, it said I have to use a link to pay extra for a parcel to be delivered as the sender had not paid enough, checked and there’s nothing outstanding so we think it’s a fake too
I've had 2 of these over the last 2 days. I've not even ordered anything recently lol.

I’ve had several of these over the past couple of weeks.

Back