• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Acting Weird!

rustyp

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So I’ve had my two pigs since Dec’ 2014, they will be turning 4 in April. I have noticed recently how one of my pigs has been acting different and seems to hide away. He is also doing weird movements and seems to be laying in an odd way (which he never does)

He is eating and drinking normally, but he just doesn’t seem right. Can anyone help? Thanks

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum.

First off, you clearly know your guinea pigs very well. If there has been a clear change in behaviour we would always, always recommend seeking the opinion of a cavy savvy vet. No amount of advice or guess work over the internet can ever replace a trained professional being able to physically examine your piggy.

If you want to give a bit more detail about which way he is laying that strikes you as odd or what the weird movements look like then we may have members who can guide you from their personal experience on what to keep an eye on and maybe what questions they asked their vet to get a diagnosis etc.

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum.

First off, you clearly know your guinea pigs very well. If there has been a clear change in behaviour we would always, always recommend seeking the opinion of a cavy savvy vet. No amount of advice or guess work over the internet can ever replace a trained professional being able to physically examine your piggy.

If you want to give a bit more detail about which way he is laying that strikes you as odd or what the weird movements look like then we may have members who can guide you from their personal experience on what to keep an eye on and maybe what questions they asked their vet to get a diagnosis etc.
Hi, thank you for the welcome!

I’m going to seek help tomorrow from a vet and I hope all is ok. In the meantime I’m going to check up on my guinea pig and make sure he continues to eat and drink and make sure there’s no drastic changes to him

Thanks

Back