• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Advice, what to do? - Sneezing

lewisnclark

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Since I just got Lewis home the other day, I’ve noticed he’s rarely sneezing but there seems to be the tiniest amount of snot/clear liquid and the owner mentioned he did not have a uri. What do I do now? I’m just really confused as to why he is still sneezing (not as much)/ has a bit of discharge. Maybe it’s allergies? I’m not hearing any crackling noises when I pick him up as far as I can tell, he’s eating/drinking/pooping well, not coughing, no discharge from eyes, no lethargy or puffed up coat. I’ve heard some people hold them over steam? How does that work? I’m thinking it may help Lewis? The small amount of discharge started last night when I took him to see my mentally handicapped uncles (which they loved), he did great there! Got to munch on his first slice of orange. I’m wondering if it could be something in the air or if it’s allergies. I know he isn’t too fond over others holding him and seems to stress a bit. It’s not an awful amount of discharge and he rarely sneezes know. What do you think I should do?

Since I just got Lewis home the other day, I’ve noticed he’s rarely sneezing but there seems to be the tiniest amount of snot/clear liquid and the owner mentioned he did not have a uri. What do I do now? I’m just really confused as to why he is still sneezing (not as much)/ has a bit of discharge. Maybe it’s allergies? I’m not hearing any crackling noises when I pick him up as far as I can tell, he’s eating/drinking/pooping well, not coughing, no discharge from eyes, no lethargy or puffed up coat. I’ve heard some people hold them over steam? How does that work? I’m thinking it may help Lewis? The small amount of discharge started last night when I took him to see my mentally handicapped uncles (which they loved), he did great there! Got to munch on his first slice of orange. I’m wondering if it could be something in the air or if it’s allergies. I know he isn’t too fond over others holding him and seems to stress a bit. It’s not an awful amount of discharge and he rarely sneezes know. What do you think I should do?

Hi and welcome!

Many piggies are sensitive to hay dust. Perhaps you might want to change the hay brand.

We always recommend to have any new piggies vet checked upon arrival unless they have come from a rescue with mandatory quarantine/vet care and a pregnancy watch for incoming sows.

We may be able to help you better if you please added your country to location in your account details (accessed by clicking on your username on the top bar). We have members ans enquiries from all over the world with very different backgrounds, climate, vet/rescue access, medical brands etc. Our default is UK based.

Please mention the nature of your problem in the title to attract more knowledgeable answers. We try our best to answer every thread and do so as promptly as possible, seeing that we do this all for free in our free time; starting with the most urgent/serious threads first and the undeclared ones last. Thank you! ;)

Back