• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Any Advice On Play Time Outdoors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watermelon-Pets

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Very soon I will be a guinea pig owner, which I am really excited about. I am pretty much prepared, just a few things I can get round at my local B&M. So I have an outdoor hutch ready. I wanted a hutch with a run and a bit more space but I didn't have the money to get it on such short time (I only found out about the guinea pigs on Tuesday and they are arriving on Saturday). So I am going to slowly introunce them to my lawn, I don't won't to stress them out but they should enjoy a run around. I have alot of hideouts for shelter and toys to use but my garden is extremely secure from escapes, predators, lost guinea pigs. So If I can get them out everyday building up the time gradually, would I need a pen? I was going to get a run to attach to the hutch but we have raised the run to put storage underneath. So unless they have a ramp down (which I read some piggies aren't great with ramps) into the run, I can't do that idea. I could make a good sturdy ramp that's not steep and put sides on it, and attach it to the hutch. But would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back