• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dental Any experience of abscess under jaw?

Oh that is good news! You have done good job there keeping that yukky and abscess flushed. So pleased Chunk is feeling better.

I don’t think we have been being rough enough when cleaning the wound and I’m pretty sure it’s closed up? I can’t get a cotton bud in there now. I will give Simon a quick call on Monday, he did say to keep cleaning it for another week or two when I saw him on Wednesday. It all seems clean and not puffy or sore (only where we are scrubbing) but I don’t want to be back to square one if we have trapped any infection inside! We are still using the syringe and needle to flush and cotton wool pads to “scrub” but I think it’s healed closed 😔

Can you pick off a scab? I think it may be fine but you just need to be sure it’s all out xx

There isn’t really a scab as such, I think the stitches have dissolved and the wound has healed closed. There is no way we can poke a cotton bud in now. It was a matter of 12 hours, it was open when we cleaned it Friday morning and by the evening it was closed!

This is just before we cleaned it this evening, there doesn’t seem to be anything behind the wound, it just feels like loose skin. The scabbiness you can see on the edges is from where I tried to open it up but it just tore the skin on the outside 😔 xx23FF6CB4-4417-4587-8C14-0B1CB4EE09D2.jpegFD974725-F6C3-40EC-86E8-87D2E1F8B5A0.jpeg

Had a chat with Kim today and Chunk is booked in to see Simon on Friday to have a check. Just when you think you are finally getting to the bottom of things, Chunks (hopefully) right lymph node has flared up 😩 Simon did say we would have to keep an eye on it in case the same thing is happening on the other side. I’m hoping it has just grown as a reaction to the infection but I’m sure that it has increased in size over the last few days. Fingers crossed Super-Simon will have the answers!

We are home from our second post op checkup and Simon is very pleased with how Chunk is healing. She has said to finish off what antibiotics we have left and see how he is. He does have another lump on the other side of his neck but we are hoping it’s an enlarged lymph gland. Simon said to just keep an eye on it and to take action if it changes or gets bigger. So all in all, a very good day! Hopefully we can start getting back to normal 😁

Just wanted to post a little update - so Chunk has now finished all his antibiotics and had his last dose of loxicom yesterday morning. His weight seems to be staying around 1.03kg-1.06kg, small fluctuations but hopefully nothing to worry about (I will still weigh him daily for a while longer to keep an eye on him)

We both say thank you for all the help and support you have given and fingers crossed we won’t have to go back to see Simon and Kim for a while!

3B7EDDEF-A6A7-40E0-BD84-0C6E107BC0FC.jpeg96BAE5B3-80B9-4EE8-B280-D9EC66BC0F2D.jpeg

Back