Any opinon of why my guinea pig does this?

Theguineagods

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hiya :3, i am just curious about this behavior my guine pig does as he is the only guinea pig ive had ever do this. As you can see in the photo my gray guinea pig Ares (after the greek god) enjoys sitting on top of the tunnel. Its quite cute and amusing because he will just walk over to the tunnel and sit there like the photo for around 5-7 minutes. None of my other pigs do this so i am rather curious if anyone has an idea as to why he enjoys sitting like this. He also does it rather often, random times throughout the day he with just chill on top of the tunnel.
20180928_214403.jpg

Wigglepig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
He is adorable, I would think he just likes perching up like that. Cute personality.

Piggies&buns

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
He’s just having fun and looking around! One of mine spends ages sitting on top of a box.

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
Every piggy has it’s own character.
Ares obviously likes to survey his domain.
Handsome boys

Incredipigs

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hiya :3, i am just curious about this behavior my guine pig does as he is the only guinea pig ive had ever do this. As you can see in the photo my gray guinea pig Ares (after the greek god) enjoys sitting on top of the tunnel. Its quite cute and amusing because he will just walk over to the tunnel and sit there like the photo for around 5-7 minutes. None of my other pigs do this so i am rather curious if anyone has an idea as to why he enjoys sitting like this. He also does it rather often, random times throughout the day he with just chill on top of the tunnel.
View attachment 98341
:love::love::love::love::love:

GPTV

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Surveying his territory & encouraging you to take lots of cute photos of him!
Clever piggy-it's working for them... u handsome pair :luv:

Closer to the feeding hand that descends on them from the skies too ;)
Xx