• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Are Dumor Pellets Okay?

Livvv

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! I’ve been feeding my piggies pellets and hay from the brand Dumor at Tractor Supply since I’ve had them. I am seeing more and more posts that say seeds and things are bad, and Dumor has seeds and things in it. Could I just pick out the seeds and things or do I have to switch them to Oxbow? The reason I haven’t switched to another brand such as Oxbow it because it’s pricey compared to Dumor and I’m trying to save money after one of my piggies got neutered (it cost almost $500)

Hello! I’ve been feeding my piggies pellets and hay from the brand Dumor at Tractor Supply since I’ve had them. I am seeing more and more posts that say seeds and things are bad, and Dumor has seeds and things in it. Could I just pick out the seeds and things or do I have to switch them to Oxbow? The reason I haven’t switched to another brand such as Oxbow it because it’s pricey compared to Dumor and I’m trying to save money after one of my piggies got neutered (it cost almost $500)
I’ve never heard of it but I live in England.The best type is nuggets as they can’t selective feed.

I haven't heard of this brand, but as it is a muesli type food I would highly recommend changing to a nugget based one.

I would recommend you changing brand I used Dumor but it was low in nutrients I switched to Oxbow my loçal Tractor Supply sells it and my piggy loves it. It may be about a dollar more but it was worth it for me.

Thank you all for your responses. Actually, switching would work better since we have to drive 30 minutes to get their food since we have recently moved. I will try to switch them to Oxbow. How much should I mix of the old food with the new food and how slowly so that it doesn’t make them sick?

Just try and switch over a week, increase the amount of new food each day. On day one I would start with 10% of new food.

I’ve been doing 50\50 over the last week. They tend to pick out the old nuggets but I'm persevering as I’ve heard they the can be stubborn to change. I’ll just continue to reduce the old nuggets until they’re all gone as there’s not many left in the bag.

Back