• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Aubiose or easibed

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
As most of you know the piggies are now living outside (yes I still miss them!). when I put them out I used easibed and piled hay on top. But now I’ve run out I’ve got a bit of a dilemma. I REALLY LOVED aubiose but it set me off. I also like easibed but recently had a painful chest. I’m not entirely sure if that’s what set me off, but it’s a possibility! Could I use aubiose if I wear a mask?.... what would you do if you were me?

If your local stockist is anything like ours you might not have a choice. They can't get aubiose in at the moment, they keep ordering but it never turns up. Don't know if there's a shortage going on

i was informed,that hemp bedding as grown in France,due to french all have holidays in france throughout august.this has affected the supply .hopefully this resolve soon.

Always good to know. I purchased the raveria this time after you mentioned it before. I'm impressed with it especially with it being cheaper. Only downside is it doesn't quite fit in the small shed where the aubiose used to

Sorry derailing your thread slightly @Siikibam

Personally, if you know aubiose has set you off, I wouldn't buy it. I mean I think it's fantastic as a bedding but it's really not worth making yourself a little ill over. There are so many options out there I would probably pick another and see how you get on

I thought as much! I may go for easibed again. If I don’t get a painful chest then I’ll know it was something else.

I’ve just looked up the raviera and it’s made of oil rape straw. Is that still okay?

I thought as much! I may go for easibed again. If I don’t get a painful chest then I’ll know it was something else.

I’ve just looked up the raviera and it’s made of oil rape straw. Is that still okay?

oil rape straw is on the bedding guide as being suitable
I love aubiose but getting it is not easy at the moment!

oil rape straw is on the bedding guide as being suitable
I love aubiose but getting it is not easy at the moment!
There’s somewhere I can get it but will unfortunately have to give it a miss! Have you tried looking for farm shops nearby? Or those that sell horse related items? I bought from Speedgate but don’t know if they deliver.

The supply is a problem every year at this time because the manufacturing plant closes for holidays. If anyone is Bristol way Willow Tree Feeds had some in stock when I last enquired.

Zooplus sells hemp bedding. I also used Megazorb during cold months and found it to be stinky, but absorbent. Then had issues getting it. My country store still had aubiose when I went to buy bedding hay last week.
I have to clean rabbits/piggies in a mask when I am at work and it does work, as long as it's well fitted.

i was informed,that hemp bedding as grown in France,due to french all have holidays in france throughout august.this has affected the supply .hopefully this resolve soon.
My newly found local ish supplier told me that yesterday when I called them up for some ! Ended up paying more for some from Omlet but not been given a delivery date yet......

Always good to know. I purchased the raveria this time after you mentioned it before. I'm impressed with it especially with it being cheaper. Only downside is it doesn't quite fit in the small shed where the aubiose used to
I was offered this as an alternative but was not sure it was suitable... I guess I just saw the word straw on the description. Good to know it is suitable incase my delivery never shows up...

Back