• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Beans Weeing On Toast

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastandBeans

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So it's pen time where I sit in a pen with them so they trust me and I give them strokes but this time Beans was in a tube and Toast was going in too. Beans was shooting wee out of her onto Toast like a water gun. Is this normal and what does it mean?

Haha that's called spraying, welcome to sow behaviour :)) Normal and frequent!

It basically means "pee off!" and girls do it to each other when they can't be subtle any longer XD

Whoops early reply. My piggies I've had for 2 years but never seen them do it, these are my first time piggies :P

I saw Patchy one of my sows do this to her sister Coco for the first time the other day (my first time but probably not theres lol). Patchy I think was in season and Coco was just coming out of her hidey as i'd just put pellets out and somehow this caused offence and poor Coco copped some projectile pee in her face. Coco was unfazed and I was a bit shocked but it was then hilarious.

When I introduced the neutered boys to the girls last October, there was lots of wee spraying and bum sniffing until everyone got used to each other and happily everyone gets in famously. The boys and two of the girls are related (Mum and sister) and they were used to each other's smell and noises as the boys were in the bottom of the hutch and the girls at the top. They also would chat with each other when one lot were in the run and the other in the hutch.

It's forcefully telling the peed-on pig to bugger off when nothing else has worked! I seldom see my girls in action, but do sometimes find a dried-on pee patch on someone's coat to prove that it has occurred!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back