• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

lavender91

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So I have 2 female pigs about 2-2 1/2 years old so I have a general question.
Is it normal for pigs adult pigs to sit in their igloo most of the time or is this something I should worry about ? She comes out for Pets and to eat and drink then goes back in and takes a nap 😴 . Is this a normal pig thing?

My pig does this too. I'm pretty sure it's normal. 90% of the time, guinea pigs will sleep til' they're hungry and eat til' they're tired! 😂

But also, 10% of the time they should be playful. If they are disinterested in everything and generally really lazy, I would think there is something wrong. Either they are feeling under the weather or they are bored and need something to chew, change in scenery, floor time, etc.

My boys sleep a lot but they do also, as @Zorro1 says, have times of just generally playing. How do you offer veggies and pellets? A lot of us scatter feed so they need to forage as it's good enrichment for them. I also give mine veggies that are on string so they need to work for it.

They do that themselves the love to tip food bowls over and throw it around to find it but I also do scatter food among their hay and we break up some oxbow treat hearts

My pig does this too. I'm pretty sure it's normal. 90% of the time, guinea pigs will sleep til' they're hungry and eat til' they're tired! 😂

But also, 10% of the time they should be playful. If they are disinterested in everything and generally really lazy, I would think there is something wrong. Either they are feeling under the weather or they are bored and need something to chew, change in scenery, floor time, etc.
We just upgraded to a c&c I finished building it last night

Attachments

• 20240504_170209.jpg
    20240504_170209.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1
Piggies are crepuscular and therefore aren’t terribly active during the day - they prefer to do most of their activity during the early hours of the morning and later in the evening.

Piggies are crepuscular and therefore aren’t terribly active during the day - they prefer to do most of their activity during the early hours of the morning and later in the evening.
I've noticed that I have a nanny cam in their cage

Back