• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Best fabric for a new enclosure?

Nataloo

New Born Pup
I’ve been seeing that fleece is very popular, but I was wondering if there were other options. We have three piggies, Mj, Indie, and Sati. We’ve been wanting to give them more room for a while because they’re growing. Money isn’t really a big deal because they’re family. But what’s the most effective in the fact that they are three girls who poo and pee a lot and don’t always go in one place? Whether it be quilt, fleece, etc. thanks!

Seven7

Junior Guinea Pig
I found hay pan to be the best investment, which made cleaning a lot easier for me.
My Finn and Lara mostly go pee and poo in their hay pans making other parts of the cage cleaner. I have fleece liner and fleece pee pads in their cages and washing them has become much easier.

I lay puppy pee pad in the hay pan then put hay on top. In about a day, the puppy pee pad in the bottom of hay pan is soaking wet because they mostly went pee and poo in the hay pan. I throw away the soiled hay along with puppy pee pad. I find cleaning to be much easier.

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
Do you have indoor or outdoor piggies? Mine are outside in a hutch and I put them on peepads and hay. They were on newspaper and hay but I found the peepads much better as they don't go all soggy and horrible like newspaper.