• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Betsy's Guinea Pigs

OH suggested and then said it was a good idea that when we move next year (to my MIL's house), we will convert half of the garage and make it into a guinea pig room! I am now encouraging this idea so he doesn't forget.
I knew he liked them really!

It is with a heavy heart that I have had to divide my herd into 2 mini herds. Christian has made it very clear that he no longer wants Dennis around. I had a sleepless night last night and the tough decision was made tonight. We now have Christian, Meg and Velvet as one mini herd in the bottom of the hutch and Dennis and Betsy as the other mini herd in the top of the hutch. I know that I have been very lucky having 2 boys living with 3 girls quite happily for 2 and a half years but it is no longer the case. I am very upset by this but Dennis wasn't a happy boy and it's for the best.

It’s for the best, they’ll appreciate it, really xxxxx

It’s for the best, they’ll appreciate it, really xxxxx
I know that really Sophie but I just feel awful splitting up Velvet and Betsy who have a very strong bond and have had since day 1. I can't split Velvet and Meg though as Meg would be completely lost without Velvet and Betsy and Dennis have a strong bond and are often searching each other out for a cuddle.

Shame it has come to this but you have been exceptionally lucky to have had the mix you did for so long.
Hopefully now Dennis will be happier and they can still be aware of each other and communicate with each other.
At least with such a caring and watchful owner you have probably prevented a major fight between the boys and complete chaos in your herd.

OH suggested and then said it was a good idea that when we move next year (to my MIL's house), we will convert half of the garage and make it into a guinea pig room! I am now encouraging this idea so he doesn't forget.
Make sure you hold him to it haha!

What a shame x
It must’ve been really tough for you x
They’ll get used to it soon enough x
(And you too x)

So sad, Dennis is such a cutie, but you could see on the last video of the coriander stampede, it was all a bit too much for him and he retreated into a snuggle tunnel x Once everyone has settled down and adapted you will sleep easier x

It is with a heavy heart that I have had to divide my herd into 2 mini herds. Christian has made it very clear that he no longer wants Dennis around. I had a sleepless night last night and the tough decision was made tonight. We now have Christian, Meg and Velvet as one mini herd in the bottom of the hutch and Dennis and Betsy as the other mini herd in the top of the hutch. I know that I have been very lucky having 2 boys living with 3 girls quite happily for 2 and a half years but it is no longer the case. I am very upset by this but Dennis wasn't a happy boy and it's for the best.
I'm really sorry to hear this :(

Back