• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Big Day For Beans Tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans&Toast

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Tomorrow morning I'll be taking Beans in for her spay. I cannot even put into words how terrified I am for her. Apart from these cysts (and cataracts) she's in good health. She plods around and loves a good munch. She's getting on a bit, around 5 I think she is but she can still keep up with Toast (as long as she has a few naps).

I had her out on the grass this afternoon for a while then had a good cuddle. She's a strong little pig with a very determined attitude :wub:

20160920_181609.jpg 20160920_180950.jpg 20160920_180914.jpg
Beautiful Beans :luv:

Good luck Beans, am sure all will go fine, but I was worried sick when Fuzzy was spayed too. She is in good hands.

Tomorrow morning I'll be taking Beans in for her spay. I cannot even put into words how terrified I am for her. Apart from these cysts (and cataracts) she's in good health. She plods around and loves a good munch. She's getting on a bit, around 5 I think she is but she can still keep up with Toast (as long as she has a few naps).

I had her out on the grass this afternoon for a while then had a good cuddle. She's a strong little pig with a very determined attitude :wub:

View attachment 52564 View attachment 52565 View attachment 52566
Beautiful Beans :luv:

Best of luck!
here are our post-op care tips: Tips For Post-operative Care

good luck beans hope all goes well.
Fingers &paws all crossed here for you.
:wub:
Xx

Thanks everyone for the support.

I've woke up this morning feeling like I'm doing the wrong thing putting her through a spay. I feel sick thinking about it :no:

Hope all goes well. Make sure you run through post op care with the vet I know it is a stressful day and a lot to take in but it will help afterwards. Please make sure they give you pain relief to give at home, she will possibly need some gut stimulant too we always find after an operation.

Sending lots of love to Beans and hugs to you x

Thanks, she'll be given an injection to help stop bloat before the op and I've got pain and bloat meds here but they'll run through it all when I pick her up.

I just have a couple of questions about when she comes home. Firstly, I've made her a 2x2 side cage attached to the big cage, is this okay for her for a couple days? I have the space and grids to make it much bigger but I thought smaller would be best for now as I thought it would be best to keep her from running around too much at first?

And secondly, will she be able to lie down on hay? Sorry if that sounds stupid but I wasn't sure if i should just put fleece in her hay box as the hay would maybe irritate the wound?

The vet just phoned - The op went really well and Beans is up and walking about.

I'm so glad I went ahead with the spay, I was close to cancelling this morning out of fear, but turns out she had a massive cyst on her left side, so I'm glad it's out and she won't have any more issues with it.

So happy and relieved, and impatient to get her home at 4pm :yahoo:

That is so good to hear. I'm sure she will feel so much better once she has recovered from the surgery. Well done for staying brave x

Thanks, she'll be given an injection to help stop bloat before the op and I've got pain and bloat meds here but they'll run through it all when I pick her up.

I just have a couple of questions about when she comes home. Firstly, I've made her a 2x2 side cage attached to the big cage, is this okay for her for a couple days? I have the space and grids to make it much bigger but I thought smaller would be best for now as I thought it would be best to keep her from running around too much at first?

And secondly, will she be able to lie down on hay? Sorry if that sounds stupid but I wasn't sure if i should just put fleece in her hay box as the hay would maybe irritate the wound?

Good news :)

Sounds a good size. Are you girls normally on fleece? Bed on fleece and have some hay in there to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back