• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Boars with broken bond in split cage, can I add a female each?

charlottel0u

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have two lovely, almost one year old boys who currently live in a large cage separated by c&c grids down the middle. Long story short, their bond was broken after one had serious surgery and was separated for a while to recover. After this, we had tried many times to get them back together but with no luck. Both pigs are happy living alone but directly side by side and often lie next to each other by the bars. We were wondering if they would benefit from a female each for added company- we have enough room. Could I have a boar/sow pair living in a split cage with another boar/sow pair? Will this cause fighting/agression/one male wanting to get to the other female despite having one living with them? I wouldn’t like to split my boys up further than a c&c split cage as like I said, they enjoy interacting through the bars quite often. Any advice is welcome. Thank you!

You will be perfectly fine to add a girl to each boy in your current set up. Just make sure you wait the full 6 weeks post neutering op until you put the boys with the girls :)

Thank you! It’ll be a bit of a long process preparing to be parents of four pigs as opposed to two! My boys can be a handful sometimes haha. Thank you all for the lovely welcomes☺️

Back