• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

piggielover21

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there, So i have Dexter he's 2 years and 2 months old he's very chilled out. He lived with his other male friend for 2 years, but he sadly passed away. Today is Sunday, on Friday i picked up a new piggie. Called Teddy he is 11 weeks old and he's very confident and lively.
They have been next to each other since Friday in separate cages, they have been able to see each other and Teddy has been able to hear Dexter squeaking lots.
Today i put them in the garden in a large pen, first was fine they ate grass and followed each other. Then with 5 mins Teddy started humping Dexter badly, Dexter was making rumpling sounds too. The humping got bad till they where going around in circles chasing and humping. So to be safe I have put a little dived up, they have half the pen each.
Now they are squeaking and rumbling to each other, smelling each other, also laying down by each other.

Dose Teddy think Dexter is a girl? what do i do now? any advice would be greatly appraiated
Thank You! xoxo

Hi there, So i have Dexter he's 2 years and 2 months old he's very chilled out. He lived with his other male friend for 2 years, but he sadly passed away. Today is Sunday, on Friday i picked up a new piggie. Called Teddy he is 11 weeks old and he's very confident and lively.
They have been next to each other since Friday in separate cages, they have been able to see each other and Teddy has been able to hear Dexter squeaking lots.
Today i put them in the garden in a large pen, first was fine they ate grass and followed each other. Then with 5 mins Teddy started humping Dexter badly, Dexter was making rumpling sounds too. The humping got bad till they where going around in circles chasing and humping. So to be safe I have put a little dived up, they have half the pen each.
Now they are squeaking and rumbling to each other, smelling each other, also laying down by each other.

Dose Teddy think Dexter is a girl? what do i do now? any advice would be greatly appraiated
Thank You! xoxo

Hi! this is very normal boar bonding behaviour. As long as there are no fights over the bonding or one of the boys is being humped to the extent of not being able to eat, drink or sleep, you need not worry and just let them get on. Most boars bond by rumble-strutting (measuring up against each other to work out dominance) and humping, which can get a bit manic if they become overexcited.
Bonding: Illustrated Dominance Behaviours And Dynamics

It is however strongly advisable to always double check the gender of any new arrivals (or your own piggies if you have never done it yourself) before you bond: Sexing Guide

Back