• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Brought Back To Life Need Help

Leo_the_lion_74

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok so I'm leo hi hello! But my guinea pig janet is 1 & 2months. Tonight she had a episode she was lifeless when i saw her and i gave her cpr immediately she recovered but not fully. She wont use her front legs and is still kind of struggling I'm scared to leave her alone ive been awake for 3 hours making sure she’s ok.

Hi and welcome to our Forum! I would strongly recommend taking her to see the vet. Whereabouts are you? We have members from all over the world on this forum. If you let us know where you are we can help you more easily. If you put where you are on your profile it comes up with every post that you make.

Hi and welcome to our Forum! I would strongly recommend taking her to see the vet. Whereabouts are you? We have members from all over the world on this forum. If you let us know where you are we can help you more easily. If you put where you are on your profile it comes up with every post that you make.
She’s hanging in there still and I'm going to try to tke her as soon as one opens but were also tight on money ill keep posted on her

Hi you really need to get her to the vet, then you will know what's wrong & how to treat it. Are there any animal charities where you live. Hope everything goes well.

Ok so I'm leo hi hello! But my guinea pig janet is 1 & 2months. Tonight she had a episode she was lifeless when i saw her and i gave her cpr immediately she recovered but not fully. She wont use her front legs and is still kind of struggling I'm scared to leave her alone ive been awake for 3 hours making sure she’s ok.

Please have her seen by a vet asap.

Not being able to use the front legs is a sign that the heart is involved in my own experience. She may need heart medication asap if you want to be in with a small chance. Sadly, strokes, epileptic fits, heart attacks or acute heart failure can happen at any age and out of the blue. :(

Hey guys thank you for all the feedback and stuff i took her to the vet this morning and she had a stroke shes blind and has troubles with her right side but they’re getting her blood and giving her some medicine so hopefully she’ll be alright and back to her old self soon

Hey guys thank you for all the feedback and stuff ibtook her to the vet this morning and she had a stroke shes blind and has troubles with her right side but they’re getting her blood and giving her some medicine so hopefully she’ll be alright and back to her old self soon

Fingers firmly crossed!
Please weigh her daily at the same time and top her up with syringe feed and water if necessary. Just watching her eat a bit of veg is not conclusive. over 80% of the daily food intake is hay and you cannot control that any other way than by weighing.
Not Eating And The Importance Of Syringe Feeding
Complete Syringe Feeding Guide

Be aware that she may have more strokes and that paralysis/partial paralysis can lead to uneven chewing and her teeth overgrowing. Check her front teeth daily; if they become slanted, it means that the teeth at the back are growing spurs and need burring or she will no longer be able to swallow.

It is also important to keep the blind eye hydrated as she is likely not able to do it for herself, as I know from caring for a major stroke survivor myself. Get some visco tear gel from a pharmacy and use a tiny bit 3-6 times daily in her blind eye in order to keep it lubricated.

Thank you for the feedback but unfortunately i do not have a scale to weigh her I'm going to petsmart and will ask if they have one though!

Thank you for the feedback but unfortunately i do not have a scale to weigh her I'm going to petsmart and will ask if they have one though!

You can use normal cheap kitchen scales from any larger supermarket. That is perfectly sufficient for the job of comparing weight from one day to the next. They are only around $10/£10.
How To Pick Up And Weigh Your Guinea Pig

Back