• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Brown spots on skin and fur loss on my piggy

honeybee<3

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was checking my two piggies health and one of my girls appears to have lost some fur loss around her ear (she has always had small bald patches behind her ears but now it's a bit bigger) She also has dark brown patches on the skin around her ears. I've never seen this in my piggies and I'm fairly worried and confused about what it might be. She didn't have any hair loss or brown spots last time I gave her a health check. I separated her from my other piggy just in case and I will be booking a vet appointment, but if anyone has any information on what this might be I would really appreciate it. She's been acting completely normal and other than this she seems to be completely fine.

All piggies have bald spots behind their ears and that looks like a normal patch to me and also on the first picture it just looks like skin pigmentation. If you're worried, take her to the vet to put your mind at rest. A vet would rather see a healthy animal with nothing wrong and an anxious owner than an ill animal and an owner that has left it too late. I recently took my piggie to the vet as I was worried about him as he had been losing weight, he was given a thorough health check and he his fine. Other members will be later and will give you their opinions as to what it might be.

Back