• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bumblefoot

Livvv

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does my guinea pig have a foot problem, maybe bumblefoot? She’s been pregnant for a while now so I haven’t held her in a long time. Today I held her and while she was lying down, her back foot came up and I noticed a bump. I didn’t want to scare her by picking up her leg since she’s very skittish, so I took a video and tried to get as clear of a picture as I could from it. Should I be worried? I can’t really afford a big vet bill right now, but I also need to help her if she needs to go to the vet.

Attachments

• CCE4B923-F6DD-415F-9AB5-63599741EAB6.png
    CCE4B923-F6DD-415F-9AB5-63599741EAB6.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 327342DA-C41C-4F99-8E81-6667923F12C6.jpeg
    327342DA-C41C-4F99-8E81-6667923F12C6.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 3
  • EAEFAFFD-9E7C-4EA4-8213-7F6185EB2B2F.png
    EAEFAFFD-9E7C-4EA4-8213-7F6185EB2B2F.png
    366.1 KB · Views: 3
@Livvv The photo is a bit dark but I don't suspect bumblefoot. Bumblefoot usually involves a swollen foot and a big scab.

If you're worried about her feet getting wet or dirty then you can clean the area that she likes to sit in more often. I have small squares of fleece that I put under their hideys and swap them regularly.

Or if it's feasible swap to Vetbed bedding as thats very soft on their feet.

@Livvv The photo is a bit dark but I don't suspect bumblefoot. Bumblefoot usually involves a swollen foot and a big scab.

If you're worried about her feet getting wet or dirty then you can clean the area that she likes to sit in more often. I have small squares of fleece that I put under their hideys and swap them regularly.

Or if it's feasible swap to Vetbed bedding as thats very soft on their feet.
Okay thanks so much, I will make some squares of fleece for their hidey. I’m going to keep an eye on her foot but as you said, her foot isn’t swollen or anything so I’m hoping she’s okay.

Back