• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C & C Ramp Too Slippery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parnassus

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all! I noticed last night that Blade was hesitant to go back down the ramp from their loft, and when she finally did, she just slid straight down to the bottom like a slide! Ack!

Now I'm thinking of dismantling the loft until I can fix the ramp up.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it?

Here are pictures of the ramp close up, you can see the material has been torn up a bit from wear, since it's a bit of an older ramp now.

m81KqAT.jpg

This is how steep the ramp is -- is the ramp too steep?

LKzu1MD.jpg

Should we get a cover for the ramp?

I found one that has little bars to act like a ladder for them, but worry that might be more painful than helpful to their little paws. Would a regular fleece cover provide enough traction?

Thanks in advance!

It might be worth lowering the ramp a bit so it's not as steep - when I used a ramp and had it too steep I noticed their reluctance and sliding. Getting rid of the steepness generally solved my one. Not sure about the bars hurting their paws as I covered my ramp in fleece without too much of a problem, but you could always cover the bars in light material. The new ramp could depend on what the ramp is made of. Are the bars/ramp wooden? Also, a towel might be easier to grip though you might need to be conscious of any loose lines that could wrap around your piggies feet, though I suppose the same could go for fleece? :)

It might be worth lowering the ramp a bit so it's not as steep - when I used a ramp and had it too steep I noticed their reluctance and sliding. Getting rid of the steepness generally solved my one. Not sure about the bars hurting their paws as I covered my ramp in fleece without too much of a problem, but you could always cover the bars in light material. The new ramp could depend on what the ramp is made of. Are the bars/ramp wooden? Also, a towel might be easier to grip though you might need to be conscious of any loose lines that could wrap around your piggies feet, though I suppose the same could go for fleece? :)

Smart! Thank you! Any ideas on how I can lower the rap? The one I have came with the loft we purchased for our c&c cage from guinea pig cages store.

There's only 3 ways to make the ramp less steep ,,,

raise base of the ramp , get a longer ramp or .... lower the loft .

I made my loft area 1/2 height . I don't have a C&C any more ( long story ) - but I kept the loft area . There is a picture of it in this thread ...

While The Husband's Away ...

I tend to agree that it does look quite steep.
When mine were learning to use their C&C ramp I propped the end of it up on a wooden block that acted like a step, so they would jump up onto the block and then go up the ramp.
Our ramp is also covered with what looks like corrugated cardboard, but made of plastic (sorry for the rubbish description). Let me know if you want a close up photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back