• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cabbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leahp180393

New Born Pup
Reaction score
ive been a piggie owner now for just over 2 years, but before I got my babies I did a lot of research on their diet, everywhere I looked told me I should not feed my piggies cabbage. today I went to pets at home to pick up some supplies, I seen that the piggies had cabbage in their cages, so I guess what I'm really asking is can they actually eat cabbage or have I just been believing a load of rubbish?

Reactions: Man
Mine love it, but I only give them a small amount whenever we buy a cabbage for ourselves, which isn't very often. It isn't a veg that I'd buy specially for them, so it's a real treat!

Cabbage can be very gassy for piggies. It can bring on bloat. So if you are going to give it, please do so only occasionally and very sparingly.

My opinion is, if you feed any food from the cabbbage family, feed it frequently enough that their tummys are used to it . I only give a 1" strip of Spring Green leaf per pig - and I give it daily.

As well as being gassy, cabbage is high in calcium - but contains some good nutrients too .

You make a good point @PiggyOwner. You have to introduce foods carefully into their diet and if you don't feed something with vulgarity you have to treat it as a "new" food in case of tummy upsets.
:agr: - although I think you have been the victim of the phantom auto correct :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back