• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

can i get third guinea pig in cage like this?

ignuxas6

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have two girls already. both about 3 month old. measurements 100x50cm ant second floor 35x50 cm

Attachments

• ECB7AB4E-4566-4D9F-A8DC-1EED62EDBAA0.jpeg
    ECB7AB4E-4566-4D9F-A8DC-1EED62EDBAA0.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 36
No. It looks lovely, but it’s really too small. The recommended minimum for two is 120cm x 60cm (levels do not count) so I’d leave them be. Three in there would be very crowded

:( i thought 2 would sleep in first, and third on second floor

It’s not just about where they sleep, my three often sleep in the same house. They are a strongly bonded trio of sisters/half sisters/cousins (who knows?!) who have never lived apart. They need room to move around and explore as well as get away from each other some times, particular during their seasons.
Adding a third could also create an outsider situation with one feeling left out or even bullied, and not necessarily the new one. With a cage that size, I don’t think it’s worth the risk to your existing pair’s happiness

sometimes the bigger attacks the smaller that i got about week ago and i though if i got 3 guinea pigs there will be harmony

sometimes the bigger attacks the smaller that i got about week ago and i though if i got 3 guinea pigs there will be harmony
I wouldn’t have thought adding more pigs to an already tense relationship will help.
You may find more space will help your two get away from each other as they go through their tricky teenage phase and beyond which may help to ease any tensions

That house is lovely, I had my eye on it too!

Sorry, Just seen that you’ve only just added the second pig a week ago. The behaviour you’re seeing could be normal dominance behaviour as they get the hierarchy settled. There’s great stickies in the behaviour section which should guide you to know if this is normalbehaviour or something to be concerned about

could you extend the floor space, if you could double the space you could get two rescue piggies. 😍

Back