• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Can I Store Mixed Critical Care In The Fridge?

gicogico

New Born Pup
Reaction score
If I were to make a batch for a day (lets say, I mixed 1/2 a tablespoon of Critical Care with 1 tablespoon of water to make about 21ml of Critical Care mix) one morning, but I want to give it to my piggie in 5-6 doses (that same day) can i just store that large batch in the fridge just for that 1 day and go in to draw up 3 ml for each feeding? Or is that bad? I would throw it out by the end of the day. The bag says to make a fresh batch each feeding but I don't see how it would be possible to make such a small amount (I also have a dwarf hamster and gerbils which are both very small)

Are you talking about critical care , or crittical care fomulare ? Either way Personaly l wouldn't, chance it! Though critical care formula my store better

I've got Oxbow Critical Care sachets in my first aid box, I've just checked and it says to dispose of mixed food after 24 hrs. I'm sure last time I was using it I put any unused mixture in the fridge but took it out 20 - 30 mins before using it so that it wasn't too cold before feeding. I think I was mixing it twice a day.

I use fiberplex - never thought of keeping the syringe to reuse! I hope I never need to use it again but if I do will keep this in mind.

I have stored mixed critical care in the fridge before but disposed of it before the end of the day. Sometimes the OH takes a poorly pig to work too so stores it in the fridge there. I always let it warm up before feeding though or add a bit of warm water. Mine prefer it warm to cold anyway.

Back