• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can You Have Such A Thing As A Too Large Cage?

In my opinion more space the better for them. More cleaning for you but whatever makes the piggies happy lol

I think that there is no such thing as too much space, unless your piggy is a special needs piggy.❤️

I think a larger cage may actually be easier to clean than a smaller one! High traffic (wee!) areas could be cleaned independently of the rest as and when needed. I found that when I increased my cages from 120 to 160 they were much easier to manage :)

Okay!
I was thinking more from a point of view of would a large space scare them?
But it seems to be working out ok
To start with in the big cage they didn't seem to leave the huts but they are more now :)

As long as you have lots of hideys that makes them feel a little more secure :) We have two girls but lots of hideys as the cage is 3x6 in size. I actually find the bigger cage needs cleaning less

You may find when you give them floor time they just want to get back into their nice big cage. I had this when my two eldest boars got nearly 50% of the kitchen floor as their home :D

Back