• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cloudy eyes with dark rims.

rileyheyden

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here because i wanted to ask some other guinea pig lovers if this is seen as normal or if this is reason the visit the vet. We just had a wellness check by an exotic vet, and everything was normal. however, today i noticed one of my guys had dark purple cloudy rim on the outside of the whites of his eyes. i have a picture attached, just noticed this and i don’t quite remember it being there last week. 7A109B52-2765-4A10-972E-710634DA2166.jpeg

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here because i wanted to ask some other guinea pig lovers if this is seen as normal or if this is reason the visit the vet. We just had a wellness check by an exotic vet, and everything was normal. however, today i noticed one of my guys had dark purple cloudy rim on the outside of the whites of his eyes. i have a picture attached, just noticed this and i don’t quite remember it being there last week. View attachment 123128
Hi! The eye looks normal to me? The white rim often discolours and becomes fuzzy as a piggy is getting older.