• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Coronavirus

As u guys know we have a curfew in our whole country. Well today came the good news... The numbers of coronavirus patients are decreasing day by day and the people getting infected are also getting less the total of today is 606 patients with 10 deaths so I think if we all just followed the government rules we can all do it !
And by the way
Does anyone thinks china did this all to destroy the economy of America? And maybe china has a cure of this virus and they healed themselves but they are not telling us like they didn't told your before anything about this virus I saw all this on news

I'm trying to stay away from conspiracys but I would happily pay for an antibody test as I think if it came back positive it would ease a lot of anxiety!
I am hungry I need pizza😭😭😭 it would ease my anxiety

I'm trying to stay away from conspiracys but I would happily pay for an antibody test as I think if it came back positive it would ease a lot of anxiety!

Thats why I imagine the five mile queue to get one! I suppose it will be hard for them to decide who gets a test (unless you NHS?) Although the virus has its own "symptoms" they can overlap with general cold/flu ones plus there is the differing levels of mild/ severe etc. I'm probably not explaining myself well, having a lazy week has made me really tired!

@Ritika pleased you have some good news. Hope you are well.

Thats why I imagine the five mile queue to get one! I suppose it will be hard for them to decide who gets a test (unless you NHS?) Although the virus has its own "symptoms" they can overlap with general cold/flu ones plus there is the differing levels of mild/ severe etc. I'm probably not explaining myself well, having a lazy week has made me really tired!

@Ritika pleased you have some good news. Hope you are well.
I'm not sure how they'd decide 🙈 hopefully it would be made available to all?

I hope people look at this and their mouth waters and they understand my painScreenshot_20200326-020928.png

From the conference it seemed they're planning to give the test NHS staff first (if it works reliably), and then roll it out to other key areas and cascade it downwards. A lot of countries are now running out of the diagnostic tests now as they offered them a bit too liberally, and there's a shortage of the chemical reagents, the test only determining that you're negative on the date it was taken, a lot of the worried well did rush out to get one as thought it were a cure.

As u guys know we have a curfew in our whole country. Well today came the good news... The numbers of coronavirus patients are decreasing day by day and the people getting infected are also getting less the total of today is 606 patients with 10 deaths so I think if we all just followed the government rules we can all do it !
And by the way
Does anyone thinks china did this all to destroy the economy of America? And maybe china has a cure of this virus and they healed themselves but they are not telling us like they didn't told your before anything about this virus I saw all this on news
that is very good news for your country.

I don't believe it was started deliberately. I think it is a consequence of the way we treat the planet and the animals that live on it.

And by the way
The law makers in Washington DC namely Senators, Congress, and President himself have drawn up an Investigation Paper on China with exact timeline of events leading to the spread of COVID 19.
I read this because I have nothing else to do.

Washington DC was outraged that China blamed American soldiers for the spread of COVID 19
The law makers will investigate this further and come up with a resolution.

The US government have launched an investigation to look into this “hiding of evidence” by the Chinese government.
Several Senators, Congress and law makers in Washington DC are seeking compensation for the damage caused by COVID 19.

The US currently is in a survival mode but when we come out of this, we will be looking to go after China from how Senators and Congress sounded.

that is very good news for your country.

I don't believe it was started deliberately. I think it is a consequence of the way we treat the planet and the animals that live on it.
:agr: …. and let's hope everyone learns from this.

If we don't learn, it could happen again … and the next virus could have a higher mortality rate

Had a major tizz whilst trying to get to sleep last night, full of "what ifs"... what if my sore throat comes back, what if I start sneezing, what if when I've cleaned something I've missed bits, what if I've stood to close to mum at some point.... music got me to sleep in the end!

Just braved the local shops. Got all basics - bread, milk, eggs, potatoes & picked extra bits up like a pizza. Got some meat from butchers too so we are all set for a few days now. I felt like we were rationing our food a little, so pleased I managed tog get everything on the list. Wiped everything down once was home too. ☹ I have never been so scared to go into the local shops though!

I debated posting this at all, but stuff it, I'm going to anyway. I cannot believe that governments are throwing blame around over this during a time in which their own people are dying in droves. The world is at war with an invisible foe that doesn't care who we are, where we come from or what we do, and yet petty bickering between countries remains the status quo. It's ridiculous that this, a global pandemic caused entirely by the massive inequality of wealth that forces millions into abject poverty is being used as a political tool to cause rifts between nations! We do not need to follow this with a bloody WAR, we need to learn to share better and make sure that everyone has access to basic things like clean water, enough food and medical care.

We have the chance here to build a better, more caring world, why on earth would any leader allow that chance to be squandered just to play pathetic one-up-man-ship between nations?! Many countries have a viable democratic system in place, it's time for the people to vote for leaders that give a toss about making that world that we want and need, so we can help the countries who don't have the option to vote.

I debated posting this at all, but stuff it, I'm going to anyway. I cannot believe that governments are throwing blame around over this during a time in which their own people are dying in droves. The world is at war with an invisible foe that doesn't care who we are, where we come from or what we do, and yet petty bickering between countries remains the status quo. It's ridiculous that this, a global pandemic caused entirely by the massive inequality of wealth that forces millions into abject poverty is being used as a political tool to cause rifts between nations! We do not need to follow this with a bloody WAR, we need to learn to share better and make sure that everyone has access to basic things like clean water, enough food and medical care.

We have the chance here to build a better, more caring world, why on earth would any leader allow that chance to be squandered just to play pathetic one-up-man-ship between nations?! Many countries have a viable democratic system in place, it's time for the people to vote for leaders that give a toss about making that world that we want and need, so we can help the countries who don't have the option to vote.
I have to agree on many points.
I am not so sure the Chinese government is allowing the citizens with freedom of choosing their own leader though.
From the reading of the US Goverment’s Timelines of evidence, the whistle blowing Chinese doctor was muzzled at first then was ordered to recant his story about spreading lies about COVID 19, who died shortly after from COVID 19.
If action was followed immediately after this doctor came forward, the death toll would have been lessened by 95% and controllable.

I have been keeping up with the news coming from state officials and doing a lot of reading because I am in a lockdown and have nothing else to do.

I am not so sure the Chinese government is allowing the citizens with freedom of choosing their own leader though.
From the reading of the US Goverment’s Timelines of evidence, the whistle blowing Chinese doctor was muzzled at first then was ordered to recant his story about spreading lies about COVID 19, who died shortly after from COVID 19.
If action was followed immediately after this doctor came forward, the death toll would have been lessened by 95% and controllable.

I have been keeping up with the news coming from state officials and doing a lot of reading because I am in a lockdown and have nothing else to do.

Would it though? Not only do the "what ifs" not actually help anyone, there's no convincing evidence that immediate action would have prevented the current death toll. It might have cut down on infection rates, but those aren't the same thing.

None of which has anything to do with how the Chinese elect their leaders. I'm not even sure why anyone would bring that into the discussion - and no, I don't mean you specifically. It's a Thing for some reason, like "these guys are awful because they did X and Z and also we don't like how they got into power because it's not the way we'd do it". Politics is not only :rant:, but where lives are at stake it doesn't even deserve to be part of the equation.

@Seven7 can I gently remind you about the point of this thread. and Forum in general:
Coronavirus forum - what is it?

I am pleased you have time to read and research topics that clearly interest you, but the reality is that saying things like 'the death toll would be lessened by 95% and controllable' are simply not able to be proven by anyone, but can cause a lot of anger, paranoia, distrust and upset.

Would it though? Not only do the "what ifs" not actually help anyone, there's no convincing evidence that immediate action would have prevented the current death toll. It might have cut down on infection rates, but those aren't the same thing.

None of which has anything to do with how the Chinese elect their leaders. I'm not even sure why anyone would bring that into the discussion - and no, I don't mean you specifically. It's a Thing for some reason, like "these guys are awful because they did X and Z and also we don't like how they got into power because it's not the way we'd do it". Politics is not only :rant:, but where lives are at stake it doesn't even deserve to be part of the equation.

This, we need to remember that there is not a proven way to deal with this virus and contain the spread. Each country has its own challenges whether that is much denser populated areas, a much older population, or lack of access to healthcare and essential goods. This is why each country has reacted differently and no one has got it right. Every country has had high death counts, in Spain for example, patients have been found dead in care homes due to lockdown and not necessarily due to the virus. It's all based on guess work, guessing whats going to happen next to try and prevent the worst case scenarios and, as we have alluded to previously on the thread, it is unfortunately only hindsight that will show whether those in power in each country did the right thing or not. Even then we won't know for certain as we won't be able to tell what would have happened if they went a different route. Now is definitely the time to pull together and not point fingers and make accusations.

Nigel farrage gets it completely spot on about construction workers. I know some people may hate him, but I relate to everything he says in this video. Watch from 1.30

Back