• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Coronavirus

The BBC news says a tighter lockdown may be imposed in Leicester as there has been a spike in infections there. School and a supermarket have already been closed ☹
Stay safe, @eileen and @Lady Kelly ! xx

I wonder how they would enforce this. People are not playing by the rules at all now. I was in Teasdales yesterday & a woman came in, so close to me that she was practically stood in my handbag! I wasn't happy, neither was the shop assistant & I practically ran out! She'd even walked past the '1 customer only' sign on the door!

It was lambrini for me, strongbow and Richmond super king 👌

I was an extremely boring teen, didn't go in for sitting in fields/on the streets at all but my group of friends used to have regular sleepovers. We'd send our tallest friend in to the shop for lambrini & drink it out of plastic cups in our pyjamas! We were so rock & roll!

Hope everyone is ok. I'm feeling jittery, back to work tomorrow. My bag is packed, sandwich made. I'm scared about getting on the bus!

I wonder how they would enforce this. People are not playing by the rules at all now. I was in Teasdales yesterday & a woman came in, so close to me that she was practically stood in my handbag! I wasn't happy, neither was the shop assistant & I practically ran out! She'd even walked past the '1 customer only' sign on the door!

I was an extremely boring teen, didn't go in for sitting in fields/on the streets at all but my group of friends used to have regular sleepovers. We'd send our tallest friend in to the shop for lambrini & drink it out of plastic cups in our pyjamas! We were so rock & roll!

Hope everyone is ok. I'm feeling jittery, back to work tomorrow. My bag is packed, sandwich made. I'm scared about getting on the bus!
Good luck tomorrow.

Thank you.
Had a good day actually, shattered now though! The bus wasn't that scary this morning, only 6 of us on. Worst was wearing my face mask thing as my glasses were just steamed up the whole way! I was nervous getting to work as it's been 14 weeks & things have been rejigged inside so we can create different bubbles of children. I felt like I was starting a new job but had got the hang of it by the afternoon. The children were pleased to see me so that was nice.

Find it a bit odd that I can go to work in my bubble of people but can't really meet the people I want to see unless we social distance in a field.... and I showered as soon as I came in, wiped my bag, phone, purse down etc. I obviously washed my hands before did any of this. I'm hoping this is enough as usually when been out to the shop I wipe all common touch points down (its become a habit).

We just opened non essential business today, however I'm still staying at home and only going out once or twice a week for shopping and to see family outdoors. I'm interested to know how other people's habits have changed?

We just opened non essential business today, however I'm still staying at home and only going out once or twice a week for shopping and to see family outdoors. I'm interested to know how other people's habits have changed?
I stay home a lot more than I used to.
I am more organised with my shopping to minimize trips out.
Lock-down was eased here about 6 weeks ago, and our numbers are starting to go up dramatically.
Opening the borders won't help, and I imagine it will go from bad to worse quite quickly again.

Wales will allow 2 household to meet starting on Monday. :yahoo: Hopefully we can meet my in-laws again.

Two households can join up in Wales from Monday
:yahoo:Hoping to be able to see my daughter next week, she hasn't seen anyone since I was there the week before lockdown. She's not lived in her area long and doesn't know anyone.

I've gone from shopping for fresh fruit and veg most days to only once a week. I used to get the heavy shopping delivered. Now I can't get deliveries from my usual shops it's been difficult carrying enough only shopping once a week. Iceland have been brilliant but they don't carry a large range. I've not seen any family or friends as they all live to far away to travel too and only meet up outside for a brief visit. I started having an exercise walk around the estate every evening instead of travelling to a nice location a couple of times a week. To be honest I've not missed anything much other than seeing my daughter.

The children are playing out front again with some neighbours’ children. But I’m still hesitant to take them out to the shops. I’ve had to pop out with them about three times but didn’t feel comfortable with it. I will probably treat them to a toy each maybe end next month.

Just be careful everyone and stay safe we are going to have to live with this virus for a long time 😕

Yes and that just confirms we must still be careful - there are people who are infected with coronavirus and have no symptoms (silent spreaders) so treat everyone as if they’re infectious and keep safe

I work nights in Tesco and the number of customers ignoring social distance is quite phenomenal. I always try and go down another aisle if I see too many. Or stand and wait. But social distancing in aisle is nigh on impossible.

I work nights in Tesco and the number of customers ignoring social distance is quite phenomenal. I always try and go down another aisle if I see too many. Or stand and wait. But social distancing in aisle is nigh on impossible.
Oh gosh it must be really difficult ! THANK YOU for all that you do at work - YOU have really helped keep us all going ! I know the general public can be difficult ...... but remember WE appreciate you ! Take care 🥰

Oh gosh it must be really difficult ! THANK YOU for all that you do at work - YOU have really helped keep us all going ! I know the general public can be difficult ...... but remember WE appreciate you ! Take care 🥰
Haha don’t know about that but thank you nonetheless ☺️

Well I appreciate shop workers, without you most of us would have starved by now. The behaviour of many members of the public is astounding. I met at least 4 idiots yesterday who really shouldn't be allowed out. No matter how rubbish my day is I try to smile and be pleasant to the person on the till and the shelf stackers, a real band of troupers.

Well Leicester's just taken a step backwards. All non essential shops closed again
Read this mate. Hope you are okay, a local lockdown will hopefully get it under control again, pity they didn’t do it when the data suggested earlier.
going to be lots of this as we unlock sadly.

Well Leicester's just taken a step backwards. All non essential shops closed again

Protests coinciding with all the shops opening probably haven't helped much for the city centres infection rate. I've seen so many posts on Facebook of people that live within the Leicester Red Zone say they will just go to the pub in the next town at the weekend. Some people are so infuriating!

Protests coinciding with all the shops opening probably haven't helped much for the city centres infection rate. I've seen so many posts on Facebook of people that live within the Leicester Red Zone say they will just go to the pub in the next town at the weekend. Some people are so infuriating!

That's terrible. I've not seen any of that thankfully. My sister in law was supposed to come and meet her niece this weekend. She's 3 months old now and hasn't met some of her close family due to this lockdown and it's selfish people like that that are ruining it for the rest of us :( it's really starting to affect my mental health now and I'm desperate to get out and about more but I will not risk mine and my family's health

Back