• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Couriers

Jesse's pigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Anyone used a courier to transport their new piggies home if coming from a far away place and have any they recommend. I’ve opened my search to areas further away in my quest of finding a friend for Bellamy (obviously won’t be booking anything until lockdown clears up). Bit dubious of just booking with someone if I did find a piggy further afield without having good reviews first.

many thanks!

I don't think that I would ever trust a courier with cargo as precious as piggies. If you are adopting from a rescue the Piggy Train is a great place to help as they will break a journey into stages and act as a relay to help get piggies to you.

We enquired briefly about this before Digby was brought on an almost 7 hour trip to us. Basically they told us the fee would be too expensive to be worth it.
This is a copy of the text message we were sent following an enquiry:
‘Thank you for your enquiry this is probably not a job for us as we do not multiload or multidrop which means i would be just your guinea pig on board making it prohibitively expensive’.
Instead we ended up meeting at a half way point with the owner, she did 40% of the journey and we did 60% via the train. It was fairly easy but that’s because we were on a cross country for almost the entire journey. I imagine many changes would make it more stressful for you.

Back