• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Curing Boredom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Lines

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i got my 3 boys about 18months ago, they were fine at first but eventually started getting a little fed up with each other and other time it's gotten worse and worse. I clean out there cage as often as I can and wash there house and food bowl etc. to rid of their scents. I also have a hay ball in there which keeps them entertained but they are still bickering and sadly little Boots (the most bullied one) had a bit of blood shed... Any ideas on how to cure their boredom, is it boredom?

I'm heading to pets at home today so hoping to maybe get them more toys and houses so they have their own area, any recommendations for these?

Thank you

image.jpg

Boars go trough puberty between 4-14 months which often aggravates the fighing and bickering.
3 boars together is a very unstable crew. Its unlikely they're fighting out of boredom, more likely they all want to be boss. You might find a better answer than more toys would be a fourth boar so you can split them into 2 pairs. Pairs are more stable than trios.

Do you think one of the Guinea pigs would be fine getting Introduced to a new one? It would have to be a baby wouldn't it?

Would one be fine on its own...? Or is that out of the option?

Do you think one of the Guinea pigs would be fine getting Introduced to a new one? It would have to be a baby wouldn't it?

Would one be fine on its own...? Or is that out of the option?

You need to get Boots (the one that has come off worst) in to a separate cage so he won't be at risk of any more bites. Try to keep it close to the cage with the other two in so he still can see and hear them.
A baby one maybe fine up until that baby one hits its puberty then they could fall out again. Best thing to do is see if you have any rescues near by that could try out boar dating to match Boots up with a cage mate that he gets along with.

P.S.
If you let us know where you are I'm sure someone could point out a rescue for you :nod:

You need to get Boots (the one that has come off worst) in to a separate cage so he won't be at risk of any more bites. Try to keep it close to the cage with the other two in so he still can see and hear them.
A baby one maybe fine up until that baby one hits its puberty then they could fall out again. Best thing to do is see if you have any rescues near by that could try out boar dating to match Boots up with a cage mate that he gets along with.

P.S.
If you let us know where you are I'm sure someone could point out a rescue for you :nod:

I live on the Isle of Mull! Not many rescues around here I don't think

I'll tag @Adelle and @LisaAli as they are from Scotland.and might have some idea's or be able to point you in the right direction.

He will be ok on his own if he can still see and talk to the others. That way hes not totally alone but is protected from them attacking him. Might be safer to do that rather than to leave them together.

How big is your cage? Boars need a lot of room. As other said above taking the bullied one out and getting a new friend may be best option

I've done something rather sudden and got a little boy piggie... I was seeing a friend who breeds them a little and she didn't need him so I've took him on! He's only 3/4 weeks old! Hopefully I have made the right choice...

The cage there in at the moment is rather big, it's longer than my single beds short side by quite a lot. At least every other day, they get a run around my room whilst I do work and on nice days they got out in the garden. I try to give them as much room as possible. With only 2 per cage now, they will have more room anyway

Thanks everyone for putting up with my endless questions haha Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back