• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

DESPERATE! NO WATER BOTTLE - DIY IDEAS?

PiggiesAndPaws

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m on holiday with my guinea pigs and the bottle is completely shattered. I still have the screw on lid but no bottle. There are no nearby shops. I have a water bottle but the lid won’t fit onto it. I don’t have a drill or any tools so please just tell or give me advice of how I can fix my piggies bottle :) we’ve had a long travel and I don’t have any bowls and I’m sure my boys are thirsty so any advice would help xx

I agree with Julie, you need to find a bowl substitute for while you are away if you are unable to buy a bottle. Anything can work. Lids from household products after a good clean etc

Can you get hold of any cucumber? not Sure were you are staying? But could you ask a neighbour/local pub for an old saucer or bowl? Or a saucer under a plant pot which you could give a thorough wash and use till tomorrow?

Can you get hold of any cucumber? not Sure were you are staying? But could you ask a neighbour/local pub for an old saucer or bowl? Or a saucer under a plant pot which you could give a thorough wash and use till tomorrow?

Heck, even an old ashtray (if they still had one) would work. Just enough to hold a bit of water and it's not like it's going to be long term...and pub ashtrays were designed to put up with some amount of abuse. They're not easily tipped over and it's really obvious if there's a crack in the glass too. I know, I know, glass, but it isn't any more dangerous a material than ceramic in that sense.

I’m on holiday with my guinea pigs and the bottle is completely shattered. I still have the screw on lid but no bottle. There are no nearby shops. I have a water bottle but the lid won’t fit onto it. I don’t have a drill or any tools so please just tell or give me advice of how I can fix my piggies bottle :) we’ve had a long travel and I don’t have any bowls and I’m sure my boys are thirsty so any advice would help xx
Thank you for all the responses! I was able to find a bowl, it’s a bit big but I’m sure my piggies can adjust. Once again, thank you xx

Hi!

Any low dish/bowl will do in a pinch.

Alternatively place a large piece of cucumber in the cage for your piggies to nibble on whenever they feel thirsty. The cucumber trick is also what we recommend for the journey: Travelling with guinea pigs

Back