• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dry Skin Inside Of Ear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella123

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new owner of two beautiful guinea pigs which I've had for just coming up to 4 weeks now.

I was examining one of the guinea pigs and I noticed she has slightly dry skin in her ear, the other ear is fine. There is also what appears to be a very tiny spot inside her ear too which I'm sure you can see in the picture below. She doesn't seem to be scratching the ear, is behaving normally and eating and drinking fine.

The other guinea pigs ears also seem to be ok.

Could anyone tell me whether this is just dry skin or something more serious that needs a vets attention?

A photo is attached below

Left Ear.jpg

My Hettie has had a lump in her ear for a while, looked a bit wart like to me. I asked the vet last week when I took Hettie with her hay poke and she said it is perfectly normal and piggies often get the lumps on their feet, which Hettie hasn't.

She said it is fine to just leave it.

Thanks for the replies.

My guinea pigs ear has improved quite a lot over the past two days.

So hopefully no visit to the vet is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back