• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

ear nibbling

elris

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i just witnessed my younger pig - charlie - nibbling/nudging my older pigs ear. she wasn’t complaining though, she just closed her eyes and allowed it. is this normal between pigs and what does mean?

Yes it's absolutely normal😁 my all piggies does it 24/7

Yea my boar does this to his sow wife. Its really nice to see. Until she's had enough of a soggy ear and snaps
how cute :love: it just caught me off guard as i’m so used to hearing them being growly. definitely nice to know they love eachother under all of that bickering!

how cute :love: it just caught me off guard as i’m so used to hearing them being growly. definitely nice to know they love eachother under all of that bickering!
I have read that it's also the dominant one showing they are in charge by comforting the other pig.

It's a sign of affection/group belonging. Basically ear nuzzling/nibbling means "I want you in my group."

Back